AOS Receipt Number?

Hi,

Has anyone here tried to check your AOS status on-line at www.bcis.gov or through the phone at 1-800-375-5283?

We did both and met the same problem that they asked for the 13-character application receipt number which "can be found on application notices you have received from the BCIS" as they say..

The receipt we got from KS City BCIS is just a grocery shopping receipt with some numbers but no way to be 13-character, then we dug out all the files and found that on NOA2 there is a 13 receipt number on the up right corner, we tried this, but it turned out to be "cannot be found"... :rolleyes: :angry: :angry:

Anyone has managed this please give us a hint, thanks in advance! :)

By the way, we are heading to the Miami BCIS in 2 hrs, would let you know about the exploration. :blink:

Checked all our paper work from BCIS Eric. No soap. All we have is the grocery receipt and it has nothing but the A numberr. Double checked the letter we received, stating they had received our AOS application. No number nowhere. :lol:

Got to run, Li is sick, tossing her cookies in the bathroom. Pregnancy is no breeze it seems. :blink:

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Yuhui and Eric, I just checked my 2nd NOA, and it was a actuall form, and in the top left corner was the receipt number, it started with MSC, then 10 number following. I hope that this helps.

Hello Yuhui and Eric, I just checked my 2nd NOA, and it was a actuall form, and in the top left corner was the receipt number, it started with MSC, then 10 number following. I hope that this helps.

Hello Blsqueaky,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. top left corner of NOA2...that's what I meant( sorry for my wrong direction of "top right" :blink: --my hubby already got used to that though B) )

But what I don't understand is that BCIS cannot find this number in the system, so either my file is still waiting in the drawer or we missed some numbers here....

Thanks anyway :)

Ooopps, this is Yuhui, not E... B)

Hello Blsqueaky,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. top left corner of NOA2...that's what I meant( sorry for my wrong direction of "top right" :) --my hubby already got used to that though B) )

But what I don't understand is that BCIS cannot find this number in the system, so either my file is still waiting in the drawer or we missed some numbers here....

Thanks anyway B)

Ooopps, this is Yuhui, not E... B)

Could be it is still waiting in the drawer. Our number is not in the system either (the receipt number) as listed on NOA 2. I am not sure, however, if this is what they mean by receipt number. Also find it interesting that they use this number instead of A number. Everything else has asked for A number. :blink:

sorry to tell you that you cannot check your aos case online. they are processed by local uscis offices, thus they dont have those case numbers like the 129fs filed at service centers.

when you want to inquire your aos case, you can always use your A number as reference.

• 2 weeks later...

Filed in New York and processed in Missouri! :)

OK, I am confused.....

Ours, at least according to the letter we received, is being processed in Atlanta....

BTW: Really good to hear from you again Manhatten. Like hearing from an old friend. :D