evidence of relationship sent along with I-130

Hi, I have two questions I hope someone can answer.

1st

In the instruction section it says we should send any supporting documents to help prove our relationship ie. letters from those who know us and our relationship. My wife's family and friends have written statements supporting our relationship which I was going to file with our petition once she forwarded them to me. However when they tried to have them notarized in China they were told they could not have these letters notarized because they were not official documents ie. birth certificate, divorce certificate, police report. Only letters.

My question is if my wife sends them to me and I write a statement saying these are true and accurate statements from my wife's family and friends and have my statement notarized here in the US, will they accept these statements from China as supporting documents? Since she has never met any of my family or friends and co-workers except for a short chat with my daughter on line while I was in China I have no one state side who can actually support our relationship with a notorized statement. Though they all know about her, and that I have been to Chongqing twice, the second time was so we could get married, and have probably seen in their opinion way to many photos of her. Should she just hold on to these statements and try to submit these letters from her family and friends as further proof when and if she gets an interview in Guangzhou or will the V.O. just refuse them?

2nd. I will be sending the along about 25 to 30 photos of us with our petition. We took about 200 photos while I was there. Is it necessary for her to bring the exact photos to the interview or should I make copies of our remaining photos for her to show at the interview, again guessing the photos I send with our petition the V.O. will already have in our file at the interview, and will she be allowed to show the additional photos to the V.O. or will they not be allowed to be added as evidence? I also doubt that GUZ or the Vermont Service Center would accept a CD with all the photos transfered to it.

Thanks for any help,

Gary

As for getting personal Chinese letters notarized, I have experienced that some of the offices will not do it . The Notary Office in China in your wife's city might not do that, but if your wife ask them to translate them into English and notarize the translation, they will do it. My husband's relatives wrote letters about our relationship too, but the Notary Oiffce that will not do it until we ask them to translate them then notarize their offical translation. Try it...

I am just telling you what I did. My best man at the wedding, and the bridesmaid both wrote statements for myself and my wife, even though I had just met them the day of the wedding ceremony. They were the wife's best friends. They both lived in Hong Kong and got them notorized in Hong Kong. I then sent pictures of exchanging wedding vows and the official performing the ceremony. It was just a civil ceremony.

By the way, I would not send CDs with my applications, since I don't think they will open it and see the photos from there. We tried that at my hus's interview, the VO said they are afraid that our wedding vcd may contain virus. I just copied our photos on regular paper front and back, so each sheet can hold 6 photos (all descripted with person, date and place taken).

Anything in chinese sent in the petition (to USCIS) needs to be translated and have a certified statement. First choice would be to find a translation service which can do this. Last choice is to include this with an english translation:

Certification by Translator

I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled .

Signature

Date Typed Name

Address

-----

Pictures... I don't think anything more than six pictures will tell anything more; color copy them is ok for the petition... she should bring other pictures to the interview; if the VO wants to see any, they will ask.

Here is the problem with pictures... just my opinion... a few really good pictures will do much better than a few dozen which can be scrutinized over whether he or she looks happy in the pic. Don't give them any reason to question evidence... short and sweet works good here too.