Waiting for permanent green card should I file N400

Hi

My wife filed for the removal of conditions of her 2 year greencard back in Feb. Still no word. We never received a letter stating the application was in process. We did get the biometric appointment which she attended. When looking up the case on uscis.gov we can see her case is 'in process'. So we wait.

However we are now in a situation where she could file an N400 under the clergy clause (an expediated process) as I was shipped abroad by my church to mission in China.

Question: do we wait for the permanent 10 year greencard to come or should we file the N400 now?

As of now my wife has two I551 stamps in her chinese passport which allows her to travel from our home in the states to visit me in China. As I understand it, the I551 stamps allow her to go in and out of the country as they replace the greencard while the permanent one is in process.

Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thank you

hamlett22

Hi

My wife filed for the removal of conditions of her 2 year greencard back in Feb. Still no word. We never received a letter stating the application was in process. We did get the biometric appointment which she attended. When looking up the case on uscis.gov we can see her case is 'in process'. So we wait.

However we are now in a situation where she could file an N400 under the clergy clause (an expediated process) as I was shipped abroad by my church to mission in China.

Question: do we wait for the permanent 10 year greencard to come or should we file the N400 now?

As of now my wife has two I551 stamps in her chinese passport which allows her to travel from our home in the states to visit me in China. As I understand it, the I551 stamps allow her to go in and out of the country as they replace the greencard while the permanent one is in process.

Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thank you

hamlett22

from what i have read you can file for citizenship, however the uscis won't complete the citizenship process until the conditions are lifted from the green card.