Second wife, has green card

Dont have all the facts. Wife has a friend in Texas.

She is the second wife. This family has a resturant

in Texas. It seems she was more or less a slave.

In the familys home she couldnt even decide what

color bed sheets to put, could never even shut the

door to her room to use the computor, the family

wouldn't allow it. We would call her so called husband

a mommies boy. She demanded they get their own place

so they got pretty much a hotel room. With the familys

blessing as long as it was in her name, not hubbys.

I dont know all but long put short she went back to

China for a couple weeks and found out from there

they didnt want her to come back for any reason.

They took it upon themself (hubby to). To be .gov

and demand her not to come back. She did come

back, all she has is her wal-mart job and a hotel room,

and real bad advice how she should go from here.

We dont know the full story but her side of it belive

is true. We dont know how to give her legal advice.

We cant. Anyone know of a good lawyer in Texas

wouldnt cost her a arm and a leg?

We don't have enough information to give advice. What kind of green card does she have? If it is a two year conditional card she can file to remove conditions on her own based on abuse. I would say that a husband that refuses to let her come home is abusing her, especially when his family used her as slave labor. It would be best if she doesn't initiate divorce. That makes it easier to show she entered the marriage in good faith. Wish her luck for me.

There are free things she can go to - for legal advice and housing. Best bet for now would be to contact a HUGE church and inquire about referrals for:

1. legal aid

2. housing assistance

If No Children, divorce in Texas is dead easy - there's a small filing fee. If she files, she has some control over what is put into the divorce paperwork. If she's in Houston or Dallas, PM me, I'd be happy to help her find what she needs.

We don't have enough information to give advice. What kind of green card does she have? If it is a two year conditional card she can file to remove conditions on her own based on abuse. I would say that a husband that refuses to let her come home is abusing her, especially when his family used her as slave labor. It would be best if she doesn't initiate divorce. That makes it easier to show she entered the marriage in good faith. Wish her luck for me.

Thanks Warp..We dont have much information.

I think her green card is 2 years, will ask my wife

for more details. This family sees her as low life, I

guess since she is second. Will ask wife to pass

to her about divorce. I do know from the many phone

calls she is very lost, she looks to my wife for advice.

Realy want to help this woman. She didn't create the

hell she found herself in, that much I know.

Good luck from us also. Had similar neighbor/wife's English class friend in same awful situation. Fortunately, she has been attending church since in the US and I suggested (due to limited finances) that she share her story with fellow Chinese church attendees and have been recently told they are helping her get out of lousy marriage and acquire places to stay. Breaks our heart to see this lovely lady (60 years old) go through such anguish, BUT her miserable, soon to be ex-husband, is dying and she will finally be rid of this man and her family who have treated her so poorly this last year and a half. (he basically just used her to care for him as his health fails.

(had to edit my previous angry response), but I must say, my wife and I were distraught and felt so helpless when she would call crying, and hyper-ventilating, and feeling so trapped. It was very sad and I hope your gal has a happy ending too. : )

Edited by michaelt (see edit history)

There are free things she can go to - for legal advice and housing. Best bet for now would be to contact a HUGE church and inquire about referrals for:

1. legal aid

2. housing assistance

If No Children, divorce in Texas is dead easy - there's a small filing fee. If she files, she has some control over what is put into the divorce paperwork. If she's in Houston or Dallas, PM me, I'd be happy to help her find what she needs.

Thanks Darnell...She cant speak much english best I know.

Have to ask wife for more details. Find out more wll contact

you. We dont like to get in the middle of this but we both

know shes very much alone and needs help.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck from us also. Had similar neighbor/wife's English class friend in same awful situation. Fortunately, she has been attending church since in the US and I suggested (due to limited finances) that she share her story with fellow Chinese church attendees and have been recently told they are helping her get out of lousy marriage and acquire places to stay. Breaks our heart to see this lovely lady (60 years old) go through such anguish, BUT her miserable, soon to be ex-husband, is dying and she will finally be rid of this man and her family who have treated her so poorly this last year and a half. (he basically just used her to care for him as his health fails.

(had to edit my previous angry response), but I must say, my wife and I were distraught and felt so helpless when she would call crying, and hyper-ventilating, and feeling so trapped. It was very sad and I hope your gal has a happy ending too. : )

No need to edit feel the same way. Know well the helpless. She does the same, calls at midnight sometimes. She is in a by the week place or something, she calls and hangs up wife has to call her back. She calls maybe two of three times a month for about 4 months now. I can tell she is getting advice from people she don't understand. I think the only resource she has is wal-mart co-workers and locals from a small texas town. Will get wifey to find out how shes doing now. Not heard from her for about two weeks.

No need to edit feel the same way. Know well the helpless. She does the same, calls at midnight sometimes. She is in a by the week place or something, she calls and hangs up wife has to call her back. She calls maybe two of three times a month for about 4 months now. I can tell she is getting advice from people she don't understand. I think the only resource she has is wal-mart co-workers and locals from a small texas town. Will get wifey to find out how shes doing now. Not heard from her for about two weeks.

Perhaps pm me and my wife can offer a comforting voice if both are willing to share phone numbers. Breaks my heart to hear of somebody living this kind of life...not quite the dream they were hoping for....Please let us know if we can offer some verbal support. : )

...won't be getting e-mails till the end of this week.

Perhaps pm me and my wife can offer a comforting voice if both are willing to share phone numbers. Breaks my heart to hear of somebody living this kind of life...not quite the dream they were hoping for....Please let us know if we can offer some verbal support. : )

...won't be getting e-mails till the end of this week.

Thanks much!!! Give me a little time will pm you. She has never asked us for anything but advice. I didnt mention this family is chinese what part of china they are from not sure of. Sorry about that. Next time wife talks with her will get her number. You got that right seems her dream turned into a nightmare from day one.