60 Minutes in China

Maybe they'll do an article on how China's poor, do the best they can with what they have. Sounds like a good way to make a little money.

Watch the video Jesse. Because that's one of the points of the piece. Yeah, it's a good way to make a little money...while you're being directly poisoned with toxic chemicals.

I know Dave. Watching to poor of China can be pretty heart-wrenching. It is indeed a side of China that easily turns the hearts and stomachs of Westerners. I feel and care for these people, but honestly, they are doing the best they can with what they have. Not too far from our home is a garbage recycling facility. In it, you can see small children, women, young boys, and men all picking through garbage to salvage what they can to sell. Most modern countries are appalled at the site of this sort of thing. You can't just pull the plug on this, and make everything rosey. It will be a part of China for some time to come.

Geez Jesse. Is there any lethal working condition we can impose on these people that you won't defend using the "doing the best with what they have" argument? :rolleyes: Paraphrasing what the guy in the piece said: "We're asking them to choose between poverty and poisoning. We shouldn't be asking them to make that choice." I realize that if China wants to import this toxic crap and let poor people kill themselves salvaging it, that's their business. But we shouldn't have any part in contributing to it IMHO.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE HERE AT THE CANDLE SEEM TO DEFEND THE CORRUPT CHINESE GOVERNMENT AND AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE FIND FAULT WITH AMERICA.

THANK GOD THERE ARE NOT THE KIND OF RESTRICTIONS HERE AS THERE ARE IN CHINA.

REMEMBER THE 2 ELDERLY WOMEN WHO GOT RE-EDUCATED AT HARD LABOR FOR PETITONING TO PROTEST THE DESTRUCTION WITHOUT COMPENSION OF THEIR HOMES WHEN THE OLYMPIC GAMES WERE OVER.

CHECK THIS SITE www.timesonline.couk/sportolympics/article4571141.ece

Edited by notrevorich (see edit history)
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic