a few CR1 questions

Hi,

probably a few dumb questions,but here they go. 1) do i have to get the I-864...affidavit of support notarized like i had to do with the I-134

2) My wife and I both recieved the choice of agent document,do we send both of them in,or are they just asking for one.I think all they need is one.(reason I ask,the wife made a mistake on hers)

also i switched jobs in mid 2008,but my current employment will not match up with the employer listed on my 2007 w-2 form. Hey,Jesus,I don't want no red flags popping up.anyway,should i just write an explanation,that i changed jobs? Then again,i think my employer letter,should cover this issue.

thanks for all the help

jimi

heyjimi,

I-130 do not needs to be notarized, my I-130 was not notarized and it was approved.

choice of agent is to appoint a person to recieve mail. the agent can either be you, wife or a lawyer. my wife's choice of agent was me, so i can recieve and review all mail from US dept of state concerning visa application. i filled all fields on the choice of agent form and mail it back to my wife to signs it and have her mail back to the US dept of state. good luck!

Hi Jimi,

I don't think that you have to get the I-184 notarized. It doesn't say so on the instructions. I believe this is because it is a contract that you are signing, and also because it has a perjury statement.

You only need to send in one choice of agent form, which you wife has to sign.

As far a changing jobs, I would write a short letter of explanation with reference to the letter from your new employer.

Chilton (Brother Charles) wrote in one of his posts that he front loaded all of the explanations and documents for possible red flags. The reason for this is that a VO cannot deny a visa if USCIS had knowledge of a red flag and approved the petition. They cannot override the USCIS. They can only deny on the basis of new information that the USCIS was not aware of. So, if it is already in the file, and it has been approved the VO cannot deny on this basis.

Here is a link that lists possible red flags: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Keep at it, and best of luck.

Hi Jimi,

I don't think that you have to get the I-184 notarized. It doesn't say so on the instructions. I believe this is because it is a contract that you are signing, and also because it has a perjury statement.

You only need to send in one choice of agent form, which you wife has to sign.

As far a changing jobs, I would write a short letter of explanation with reference to the letter from your new employer.

Chilton (Brother Charles) wrote in one of his posts that he front loaded all of the explanations and documents for possible red flags. The reason for this is that a VO cannot deny a visa if USCIS had knowledge of a red flag and approved the petition. They cannot override the USCIS. They can only deny on the basis of new information that the USCIS was not aware of. So, if it is already in the file, and it has been approved the VO cannot deny on this basis.

Here is a link that lists possible red flags: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Keep at it, and best of luck.

thanks for the link......in my situation,i can not front load,because my petition has already been approved.

jimi