Tracking with DHL

Guest WenDylan

I tried to enter in my number to the site and it is not working, my case left the NVC on 11-7-08, i did what you said but it said not available. Did i do somethign wrong?? Thanks...

Bill

Your reference number is EXP 06 2008B . The NVC mail room probably received the package on the 6th, then mailed it on the 7th.

The DHL tracking information shows this:

Ship date: 11/7/2008

Pieces: 1

Total weight: 10 lbs Note on weight

Shipment reference: EXP 06 NOV 2008B

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note of interest:

Deutsche Post (DHL) to cut 9,500 jobs in US

Monday November 10, 1:39 pm ET

By George Frey, AP Business Writer

Deutsche Post to cut 9,500 jobs from DHL unit in US, and end U.S.-only express shipping....

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

Note of interest:

Deutsche Post to cut 9,500 jobs from DHL unit in US, and end U.S.-only express shipping....

Oh no! What will be the cost of this?

Note of interest:

Perhap the NVC will stop using DHL. They might resort to stuffing the packets into old wine bottles, corking the top, and pitching them into the Pacific ocean. Personally, I think this might speed things up. :alldone:

Guest WenDylan

Note of interest:

Perhap the NVC will stop using DHL. They might resort to stuffing the packets into old wine bottles, corking the top, and pitching them into the Pacific ocean. Personally, I think this might speed things up. :roller:

At least someone would be curious to open the bottles up, eh?

Guest Rob & Jin

The best info is from the DOS info center in D.C.

They will have the first info as to when the e-file is transmitted to GUZ, a few days after clearing the NVC.

Then the next best info is also from the DOS call center, which is when the P-3 is generated. I started out calling the DOS a couple of times a month, after the e-file was logged in; then as time marched on, I started to call once a week and then toward the end of the long wait (last year) I called every morning, as soon as the center opened (EST).

I never messed with trying to second guess the DHL system, as the reality is, DOS will have the info entered in their system by GUZ, the very next business day after the action taken.

I documented all of this in my time line on my signature page.

Best of luck. Most likely you will not have the long wait that the dozen or so of us who received our P-2's in Oct-Nov-Dec, last year !!

Agree total waste of time to track by DHL, no way of knowing which "package " you are in plus it will just sit until GUZ opens it .

Guest WenDylan

The best info is from the DOS info center in D.C.

They will have the first info as to when the e-file is transmitted to GUZ, a few days after clearing the NVC.

Then the next best info is also from the DOS call center, which is when the P-3 is generated. I started out calling the DOS a couple of times a month, after the e-file was logged in; then as time marched on, I started to call once a week and then toward the end of the long wait (last year) I called every morning, as soon as the center opened (EST).

I never messed with trying to second guess the DHL system, as the reality is, DOS will have the info entered in their system by GUZ, the very next business day after the action taken.

I documented all of this in my time line on my signature page.

Best of luck. Most likely you will not have the long wait that the dozen or so of us who received our P-2's in Oct-Nov-Dec, last year !!

Agree total waste of time to track by DHL, no way of knowing which "package " you are in plus it will just sit until GUZ opens it .

I will call when I am awake... and they are awake... seems difficult at times. How is the weather in CO?

I tried to enter in my number to the site and it is not working, my case left the NVC on 11-7-08, i did what you said but it said not available. Did i do somethign wrong?? Thanks...

Bill

Your reference number is EXP 06 2008B . The NVC mail room probably received the package on the 6th, then mailed it on the 7th.

The DHL tracking information shows this:

Ship date: 11/7/2008

Pieces: 1

Total weight: 10 lbs Note on weight

Shipment reference: EXP 06 NOV 2008B

Thanks for the help!

Don't worry too much about tracking it... first off... it's almost impossible to track your exact package... and your simply going to track packages to a shelf to sit for a month or more...

Best is to see the average times for when people state they got P3; work a few weeks backwards from that and then call DOS to see if the case is in what status at the consulate:

Terminology used by DOS personnel, in reference to a case:

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

Guest WenDylan

Don't worry too much about tracking it... first off... it's almost impossible to track your exact package... and your simply going to track packages to a shelf to sit for a month or more...

Best is to see the average times for when people state they got P3; work a few weeks backwards from that and then call DOS to see if the case is in what status at the consulate:

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

So it is when the case is OPEN that you can go ahead and send the dowloaded P3 documents?

So it is when the case is OPEN that you can go ahead and send the dowloaded P3 documents?

Yes.

When the DHL tracking shows your forms have been delivered to the consulate, start calling DOS. Eventually, they will tell you the P3 has been mailed to your fiancee. Then, you can mail back the downloaded forms.

There are only 2 forms to mail back and both are very simple. Be sure to include an self-addressed EMS shipping label and record the tracking number. The consulate will use that label to send your fiancee the P4.

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

Yes.

When the DHL tracking shows your forms have been delivered to the consulate, start calling DOS. Eventually, they will tell you the P3 has been mailed to your fiancee. Then, you can mail back the downloaded forms.

There are only 2 forms to mail back and both are very simple. Be sure to include an self-addressed EMS shipping label and record the tracking number. The consulate will use that label to send your fiancee the P4.

What about the medical and all those other required documents, like the no marriage certificate and police records. Where does that fit into this equation?

Yes.

What about the medical and all those other required documents, like the no marriage certificate and police records. Where does that fit into this equation?

After the P4 arrives, your fiancee will attend a medical exam. The police record, not married certificate, birth certificate and a batch of other forms are turned in at the medical exam.

Instructions for all this are included with the P4, along with the interview date.

This is all explained in detail in the CFL FAQ section.

Guest WenDylan

Yes.

After the P4 arrives, your fiancee will attend a medical exam. The police record, not married certificate, birth certificate and a batch of other forms are turned in at the medical exam.

Instructions for all this are included with the P4, along with the interview date.

This is all explained in detail in the CFL FAQ section.

Thanks.

Guest WenDylan

November 09, 2008 23:30 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 10, 2008 23:17 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 11, 2008 23:31 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 12, 2008 22:09 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 13, 2008 22:17 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 15, 2008 00:41 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

Yuck.