Tracking with DHL

Guest WenDylan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

So we have an NVC out date of 11/6. I also received the GUZ number. How do I track when it this received by the consulate?

Many thanks!

As of 8 PM you've made it from Portsmouth NH to Londendery, NH! You are on your way! :)

Haha, wery good! :rolleyes:

The best info is from the DOS info center in D.C.

They will have the first info as to when the e-file is transmitted to GUZ, a few days after clearing the NVC.

Then the next best info is also from the DOS call center, which is when the P-3 is generated. I started out calling the DOS a couple of times a month, after the e-file was logged in; then as time marched on, I started to call once a week and then toward the end of the long wait (last year) I called every morning, as soon as the center opened (EST).

I never messed with trying to second guess the DHL system, as the reality is, DOS will have the info entered in their system by GUZ, the very next business day after the action taken.

I documented all of this in my time line on my signature page.

Best of luck. Most likely you will not have the long wait that the dozen or so of us who received our P-2's in Oct-Nov-Dec, last year !!

Guest WenDylan

They will have the first info as to when the e-file is transmitted to GUZ, a few days after clearing the NVC.

Then the next best info is also from the DOS call center, which is when the P-3 is generated. I started out calling the DOS a couple of times a month, after the e-file was logged in; then as time marched on, I started to call once a week and then toward the end of the long wait (last year) I called every morning, as soon as the center opened (EST).

I never messed with trying to second guess the DHL system, as the reality is, DOS will have the info entered in their system by GUZ, the very next business day after the action taken.

Best of luck. Most likely you will not have the long wait that the dozen or so of us who received our P-2's in Oct-Nov-Dec, last year !!

Thanks for the info! What is the number for the DOS call center? Will they not get mad if I call to ask such little questions?

(202) 663-1225

press 1 then 0

BTW, how do you generate those DHL tracking numbers? I have yet to see that explained. Thanks.

Thanks for the info! What is the number for the DOS call center? Will they not get mad if I call to ask such little questions?

(202) 663-1225

press 1 then 0

BTW, how do you generate those DHL tracking numbers? I have yet to see that explained. Thanks.

The NVC adds a reference number to each package they send. The NVC told WenDylan his package was mailed on Nov 6th, so the reference number looks like this...

EXP 06 NOV 2008B

EXP = Expedite

06 = day (always 2 numbers)

NOV = month (always 3 letters)

2008B = year (always add a "B" at the end for packages to China)

Go to the DHL website and click on "Track => Track by Reference"

DHL Track by Reference

Enter the reference number, click on "Track" and you will see the tracking number at the top and the delivery information.

The package will typically sit in customs for a month or more. After a while, the USA DHL website will stop showing accurate information. So, use the tracking number and the China DHL website I posted above instead of the USA website.

Steve

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)

Thanks a bunch. I've read posts about tracking, and could never figure out how they did it. I asked DOS and NVC, and they said there was no tracking info. Guess they were wrong. Thanks a bunch.

(202) 663-1225

press 1 then 0

The NVC adds a reference number to each package they send. The NVC told WenDylan his package was mailed on Nov 6th, so the reference number looks like this...

EXP 06 NOV 2008B

EXP = Expedite

DHL Track by Reference

Enter the reference number, click on "Track" and you will see the tracking number at the top and the delivery information.

The package will typically sit in customs for a month or more. After a while, the USA DHL website will stop showing accurate information. So, use the tracking number and the China DHL website I posted above instead of the USA website.

Steve

(202) 663-1225

press 1 then 0

EXP 06 NOV 2008B

EXP = Expedite

DHL Track by Reference

Steve

Hello Steve,

I tried to enter in my number to the site and it is not working, my case left the NVC on 11-7-08, i did what you said but it said not available. Did i do somethign wrong?? Thanks...

Bill