Why are you guys going to the interview?

John,

It is my understanding that it is optional for you to go, whereas for your wife and son, it is a requirement. Visas are now being issued the day of the interview or the very next business day. Some American spouses or fiances are opting to go to the interview for emotional support and also to be a part of that final process. And since the visas are issued soon after the interview, that simply means they, and the children if any, can also accompany their spouses or fiances back to the U.S. I'm considering being there for the interview but have not decided for sure yet.

Bob

Often the American spouse or fiance goes over to be with the Chinese spouse or fiance to give emotional support and to be there in case something strange or unexpected happens. A Candle member recently had a big problem when his fiance went for the interview and, if he had not been waiting outside, would have experienced a big delay in getting the visa. He eventually went inside and straightened everything out. This is the exception, however, not the rule.

Be advised that if you go over for the interview, you will not be allowed to go inside and be with your spouse at the interview. She and her son will have to do that part alone.

Guest blsqueaky

I will be there for my wife"s interview for the same reasons that where stated here, plus also to be with her when she has to say goodbye to family and friends for some time, and to also help with getting items shipped, and to be of help arriving in the states if needed.

Reading all the posts makes it so tempting to go. But, having made three month-long trips in the last year makes it hard to justify. Besides, there's the money thing too. I'll need to pay for two one-way tickets for them to get here. An additional r/t ticket just seems too much.

I trust JM completely. She's very clever and will get through the interview just fine. My plan is to meet her in San Fran, stay a couple of days so she can visit with her cousins, do some sightseeing, then come home. Thanksgiving....hopefully.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/dontknow.gif

Reading all the posts makes it so tempting to go.  But, having made three month-long trips in the last year makes it hard to justify.  Besides, there's the money thing too.  I'll need to pay for two one-way tickets for them to get here.  An additional r/t ticket just seems too much.

I trust JM completely.  She's very clever and will get through the interview just fine.  My plan is to meet her in San Fran, stay a couple of days so she can visit with her cousins, do some sightseeing, then come home.  Thanksgiving....hopefully.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/dontknow.gif

Sounds like a very good plan,, Dave

The best thing about it is ....that it will all come to be!

-happy trails, friend :greenblob:

Good replies all. I wanted to go to the interview, but could not because of new job, finances, timing, etc. But, being here on candle gave us good information about the process and we weren't too concerned, and han lin was convinced that the interview would be easy and painless...and it was. She is touring the homeland to say adieu to her relatives and as she says "to get money" from everyone. hmmmmmmmm. I guess its not out of custom to do so. But...i digress. It is not necessary to go to the interview and problems now are much less than over the past year.