China Taiwan Relations...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bully America will only dare to bomb little countries, won't start any real fire with China. Otherwise WWIII will bomb the earth :o They go finance war instead

America use all the conflict issues on China as a jeton to pin China for other issues :lol:

I like America. otherwise China will still have to suffered a few more years from Nasty Japan during WW2. ;)

It's really sad what the Japanese did in China during WWII. Right here in Nanjing, thousands of Chinese were killed by Japanese soldiers. My daughter Sarah, visited the Martyr's site a couple of weeks ago. Those sorts of things turn my stomach, and I'm a bit weak to not go myself. Perhaps one day I will.

How Cool !

When I was studying WW-II migrations from PRC, I learned that Taiwan was settled by 2 million Chinese who were symphathetic to Japan during WW-II from what used to be the ROC.

What did you learn when you were studying about the formation of Taiwan / Formosa ?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of the pissing match. There is truth in both of your positions. I have seen my wife get pissed when she picked up a Taiwanese American newspaper and read some of the anti PRC propoganda. I have also met some Taiwanese people who look down their nose at PRC people. These are people who have been in the US for a long time and are out of touch with current events in Taiwan. I think Taiwan people are pragmatic enough to realize that their fates are intertwined with the PRC whether they like it or not. They realize that it is in their best interests to have a more friendly relationship with the PRC. In short you are both right and both wrong.

bump

What if a third bully country intervene you during your American Civil War? What if the South ran to Rhode Island and claimed they are a country? and then a bully country support that?

nothing we can do, becos bully country is stronger. :o except to play seesaw games.

After the korean war break out, America sent an armada to Taiwan in 1950 and start to intervene our interior. :lol: Otherwise sissy Taiwan won't have chance to play anything today ;)

Edited by Dylan's Wendy (see edit history)

Enough of the pissing match. There is truth in both of your positions. I have seen my wife get pissed when she picked up a Taiwanese American newspaper and read some of the anti PRC propoganda. I have also met some Taiwanese people who look down their nose at PRC people. These are people who have been in the US for a long time and are out of touch with current events in Taiwan. I think Taiwan people are pragmatic enough to realize that their fates are intertwined with the PRC whether they like it or not. They realize that it is in their best interests to have a more friendly relationship with the PRC. In short you are both right and both wrong.

bump

Carl is a nice mod :o we will stop after 2 posts :lol:

What if a third bully country intervene you during your American Civil War? What if the South ran to Rhode Island and claimed they are a country? and then a bully country support that?

nothing we can do, becos bully country is stronger. :o except to play seesaw games.

After the korean war break out, America sent an armada to Taiwan in 1950 and start to intervene our interior. :lol: Otherwise sissy Taiwan won't have chance to play anything today ;)

Of course we intervened because at the time we were friends with the ROC government, and not the PRC one. If your friend was beat up and kicked out from his house to live in the dog's house, would you stop being his friend and become the person who beat him up's friend instead? That wouldn't be very nice... ;)

Oh, and I'm a southerner hehe. We tried to get other countries to intervene but no one would :( :D Would China like to declare me the ruler of CSA to pay America back for Taiwan? I'd like Hawaii please :)

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

But... what that has to do with Japanese atrocities in Mainland China I don't know. What are you saying exactly?

Nothing. I was responding to Wendy. It just came to mind that my daughter Sarah had visited the site in Nanjing. This is a tough topic to debate here. I think it best to leave the issue between the people of Taiwan and China.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

But... what that has to do with Japanese atrocities in Mainland China I don't know. What are you saying exactly?

Nothing. I was responding to Wendy and it simply came to mind.

Actually I meant Darnell's reply quoted your comment on the atrocities. I wasn't sure why. After he edited his comment it made more sence so I deleted my question.

nothing we can do, becos bully country is stronger. :lol: except to play seesaw games.

After the korean war break out, America sent an armada to Taiwan in 1950 and start to intervene our interior. :angry: Otherwise sissy Taiwan won't have chance to play anything today :lol:

Of course we intervened because at the time we were friends with the ROC government, and not the PRC one. If your friend was beat up would you stop being his friend and become the person who beat him up's friend instead? That wouldn't be very nice... :P

Oh, and I'm a southerner hehe. We tried to get other countries to intervene but no one would :( :( Would China like to declare me the ruler of CSA to pay America back for Taiwan? I'd like Hawaii please :)

FRIEND?? THAT IS THE FUNIEST THING I 'VE HEARD TODAY :roller:

nothing we can do, becos bully country is stronger. :lol: except to play seesaw games.

After the korean war break out, America sent an armada to Taiwan in 1950 and start to intervene our interior. :angry: Otherwise sissy Taiwan won't have chance to play anything today :lol:

Of course we intervened because at the time we were friends with the ROC government, and not the PRC one. If your friend was beat up would you stop being his friend and become the person who beat him up's friend instead? That wouldn't be very nice... :P

Oh, and I'm a southerner hehe. We tried to get other countries to intervene but no one would :( :( Would China like to declare me the ruler of CSA to pay America back for Taiwan? I'd like Hawaii please :)

FRIEND?? THAT IS THE FUNIEST THING I 'VE HEARD TODAY :roller:

Just an oversimplification for argument sake... like BULLY. :P

Bottom line is, we didn't trust communists with what was going on in the Soviet Union. We supported the non-communist side in China's civil war, they were seen at the time as the legitimate government of China by the international community (were a permanent UN member). They lost. We pouted and stomped our feet, and 20-some years later with the rest of the world we recognized the legitimacy of the PRC and they took over the "China" seat in the UN. Nowadays things are a lot better. Heck sometimes (so I have heard) Chinese and Americans even fall in love with each other and get married and then post on message boards about it :P

Honestly, I support peaceful reunification. That's my stance. As for what we did when we did it, I see and understand why though since I wasn't alive back then I can't say how I would have seen it at the time. I guess like many Americans in the 50's I would have been terrified of Communism and felt the same way. The world has changed.

Sometimes I talk somewhat tongue-in-cheek. You'll have to forgive me ;)

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

I don't really care the systems .. as long as the citizens lives good lives it is good govenment. :roller:

I want to argue more about sissy Taiwan but Dylan is online... I will focus on him. Bye bye Unca Jeikun... :lol:

You have your priorities straight :) love trumps silly arguments over things we have no control over anyway. Am I old enough to be unca?? holy crap. :angry: I was the youngest member here the day I joined :lol: I'm going to bed and rest my old bones.

I don't really care the systems .. as long as the citizens lives good lives it is good govenment. :)

I want to argue more about sissy Taiwan but Dylan is online... I will focus on him. Bye bye Unca Jeikun... :plane:

You have your priorities straight :lol: love trumps silly arguments over things we have no control over anyway. Am I old enough to be unca?? holy crap. <_< I was the youngest member here the day I joined :lol: I'm going to bed and rest my old bones.

Your wisdom makes you sound like a Unca.. :lol:

nothing we can do, becos bully country is stronger. <_< except to play seesaw games.

After the korean war break out, America sent an armada to Taiwan in 1950 and start to intervene our interior. :) Otherwise sissy Taiwan won't have chance to play anything today :plane:

Of course we intervened because at the time we were friends with the ROC government, and not the PRC one. If your friend was beat up and kicked out from his house to live in the dog's house, would you stop being his friend and become the person who beat him up's friend instead? That wouldn't be very nice... :P

Oh, and I'm a southerner hehe. We tried to get other countries to intervene but no one would :lol: :lol: Would China like to declare me the ruler of CSA to pay America back for Taiwan? I'd like Hawaii please :lol:

Oh, but Jason, England did intervene in siding with the CSA by providing arms and importing Southern cotton.

I don't really care the systems .. as long as the citizens lives good lives it is good govenment. :D

I want to argue more about sissy Taiwan but Dylan is online... I will focus on him. Bye bye Unca Jeikun... :lol:

You have your priorities straight ;) love trumps silly arguments over things we have no control over anyway. Am I old enough to be unca?? holy crap. <_< I was the youngest member here the day I joined :P I'm going to bed and rest my old bones.

Your wisdom makes you sound like a Unca.. :D

By that logic I would no longer qualify... :plane: :lol:

I don't really care the systems .. as long as the citizens lives good lives it is good govenment. :D

You have your priorities straight ;) love trumps silly arguments over things we have no control over anyway. Am I old enough to be unca?? holy crap. :unsure: I was the youngest member here the day I joined :( I'm going to bed and rest my old bones.

Your wisdom makes you sound like a Unca.. :P

By that logic I would no longer qualify... :blink: :)

By that logic you would be the unca's unca. :lol: