We don't want to waste time defending our choice, but as far as we see it, USCIS is no better than GUZ as a option for processing, they are both equally dysfunctional. This is the path we chose from the very begining, we have had our problems with the USCIS, and it has taken much longer than we expected, but we will gain some benefit from the delay (10 yr. greencard). We are cautiously optimistic about our chances in GUZ. We have a good idea what to expect as far as processing in GUZ, we have been there for K-3, though there is not much data for our situation. Mike & Yizhen

Hello David, Dale, and others, we are not taking this lightly, we are talking about the immigration process? in GUZ? If by some chance we did not get approved, we could still return to the USA and file for AOS in the States? I was well coached here at CFL, and we got the K-3 in 8 months! With your help, we will do the same kind of preperation and get the same outcome. Our biggest problem is we don't have anyone who has done this before to give us any specific guidance, there is no historical data, no list of interview questions, we must be prepared for anything. We will not be taking this lightly! We want "PINK", Mike & Yizhen

if you get denied in guz then your k-3 visa will be void after 30 days, so i dont see how you could do aos in the states with a voided k-3. just be careful and good luck!

??? Why would the K-3 be voided? Why would that affect AOS?

We have had people do this before.

Hello David, Dale, and others, we are not taking this lightly, we are talking about the immigration process? in GUZ? If by some chance we did not get approved, we could still return to the USA and file for AOS in the States? I was well coached here at CFL, and we got the K-3 in 8 months! With your help, we will do the same kind of preperation and get the same outcome. Our biggest problem is we don't have anyone who has done this before to give us any specific guidance, there is no historical data, no list of interview questions, we must be prepared for anything. We will not be taking this lightly! We want "PINK", Mike & Yizhen

if you get denied in guz then your k-3 visa will be void after 30 days, so i dont see how you could do aos in the states with a voided k-3. just be careful and good luck!

??? Why would the K-3 be voided? Why would that affect AOS?

We have had people do this before.

randy, i'm not sure why the k-3 would be voided, i can only guess. i think it would affect aos because basically they are applying for aos with the ir-1 visa.

when you say we have had people do this before, do you mean they had a k-3 visa, then were white slipped at the ir-1 interview and still able to do aos in the states? if this is true then they have no worries.

i just hope they receive pink and all of this will be a non-issue. it is curious though.

We actually filed the I-824 to have the CR-1 in China, 5 mos. before we received the K-3, we could have chosen to AOS in the USA, but we have chosen to follow through with the IR-1. We think that this will work to our benefit, we have worked together, and Yizhen has had more time to learn English. We will be even better prepared for the IR-1 than we were for the K-3. We appreciate everyones opinions and help. Because this is not a path well traveled, we have no specific information about the process we are undertaking. We will try to study as if we were going for an IR-1, keeping in mind that we already have the K-3. With your help, we will spot anything that is not normal for this process. We will be doubly cautious and doubly prepared. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen