persistence pays off

Today after more than 1 year, the DHS Ombudsman's Customer Service rep. sent me an e-mail and called me to say that my I-130 was finally shipped to the NVC via DHL, today! She also said that because it has been 2 years since we filed the I-130 she asked that the NVC expedite our case, maybe/maybe not?

We are hoping to get an interview soon enough so we can be in China for CNY and interview before we return to the USA. We are planning to stay about 2 months.

Our problem now is I have forgotten what steps will come next.

1. DS-3032 (ready to be sent via e-mail) I need the e-mail address for this

2. bill for I-864

3. bill for IV fee

4. D-230/P3 and I-864 filled out and returned (these forms have been completed for more than 1 year)

they will need to be updated

5. sent to GUZ

6. P4

Have we forgotten anything? Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Since your wife has been in the USA for over 1 year now, I'm not sure I follow your reason for wanting to do a CR1 interview at this point. :roller:

It's cheaper than AOS (if you're going to take a trip there anyway) and almost paid for.

Doesn't one have to have a green card to be readmitted to the US after travel abroad? What is the CR1 interview fails?

Since your wife has been in the USA for over 1 year now, I'm not sure I follow your reason for wanting to do a CR1 interview at this point. :roller:

It's cheaper than AOS (if you're going to take a trip there anyway) and almost paid for.

Doesn't one have to have a green card to be readmitted to the US after travel abroad? What is the CR1 interview fails?

K-3 is still valid

K-3 is still valid

Ok I see the K3 is a 2 year multiple entry visa.

Because of the delay, we will be getting an IR-1, (10 year green card). We try to look for the good things. We had good luck with the K-3, we are also expecting pink with the IR-1. I hope I can get back into following instructions to the "T", we want to try the shortcuts, but mistakes could make it take even longer. Thanks for your help in advance, I know we will need it! Mike & Yizhen

Because of the delay, we will be getting an IR-1, (10 year green card). We try to look for the good things. We had good luck with the K-3, we are also expecting pink with the IR-1. I hope I can get back into following instructions to the "T", we want to try the shortcuts, but mistakes could make it take even longer. Thanks for your help in advance, I know we will need it! Mike & Yizhen

Good luck Mike and Yizen!! I am sure you will be successful!! :lol: