10 things I love/like

Guest lilac6451

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :rolleyes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :(

but it would be good to hear what the chinese SOs think of the US... problem is.. not sure they want to be that honest about it :huh: I've talked to a number of chinese ladies and what they tell me is often quite different than what I hear they have told their USC husbands.. so maybe it's best left untold :rolleyes:

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :rolleyes:

It sounds like you would be happier in China. No? :huh:

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :(

It sounds like you would be happier in China. No? :(

Sounds like it. :( I know my wife could come up with a list of 10 things she likes about the US and not be telling me what she thought I wanted to hear. I guess if you want to be happy where you are you will be. :blink:

let's not jump to conclusions based on some honesty that we may not be used to :( We should be more worried about those who are not truly honest with themselves yet.

Some are much better off staying in china but that won't be realized till they live out this 'dream'... and others are planning the return eventually anyways :blink:

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing :(

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

let's not jump to conclusions based on some honesty that we may not be used to :lol: We should be more worried about those who are not truly honest with themselves yet.

Some are much better off staying in china but that won't be realized till they live out this 'dream'... and others are planning the return eventually anyways :ph34r:

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing :lol:

When talking about honesty I think it helps to keep in mind that one culture favors bluntness and the other prefers a little more subtlety. They both end up in pretty much the same place. :lol:

Guest ShaQuaNew

let's not jump to conclusions based on some honesty that we may not be used to B) We should be more worried about those who are not truly honest with themselves yet.

Some are much better off staying in china but that won't be realized till they live out this 'dream'... and others are planning the return eventually anyways :angry:

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing B)

When talking about honesty I think it helps to keep in mind that one culture favors bluntness and the other prefers a little more subtlety. They both end up in pretty much the same place. ;)

Okay, which one do you think is subtle and which one is more direct? If you've ever forgotten about subtlety, try cutting in line at the return counter at your local US Wal Mart.

:P

Guest lilac6451

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :happydance:

It sounds like you would be happier in China. No? :worthy:

Yes, of course I will be happier in China...who not?

Guest lilac6451

let's not jump to conclusions based on some honesty that we may not be used to :worthy: We should be more worried about those who are not truly honest with themselves yet.

Some are much better off staying in china but that won't be realized till they live out this 'dream'... and others are planning the return eventually anyways :happydance:

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing :happy2:

I just love China, no matter what. Nothing can change that. :worthy:

Guest lilac6451

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing B)

I gotta learn this mopslap technique <_< That way i can set my husband straight and he'll feel right at home LOL

Your husband should feel lucky to find you. Slap him if he doesnt listen . You should learn to be tough and descipline. :o

Nice list Jesse. I gotta get me one of those foot massage thingies sometime. B) BTW, since Christine's still asleep, I can't ask her what maidan is. What's maidan mean? From your post it looks to mean "Check please"?

According to my limited Mandarin thats exactly what it means.

I thought it refered to the server... <_<

Âòµ¥ (mai3 dan1) ; to pay the bill

·þ Îñ Ô±(fu2 wu4 yuan2) ; to request the waiter/waitress

Although in north it is said in more Bejing mandarin with the ending "r" sound as is typical on many words... when I say it, is sounds something like phonetic like "Fu Yu-Are".

Great lists.. I see my favorites being mentioned...

and i think many cities and areas have their own little spin on how to say...in Xi'an, is always said as fu yan...many differents dialects

Laopo has already started learning some of the local Hainanese dialect and I know they use entirely different words for the server/check thingie...She had to tell all her Hunan friends about it... :o I'm just satisfied to be eating a mountain of delicious, fresh seafood for so little and she can be Ms Language Person... :D

I guess I should've made it clear in my first post. I didn't start this thread as a compare/contrast, who's country/culture is better thing. I was asked to name 10 things I liked about China and that's what I did. I didn't list any of the things because I liked them better in one place or the other. Those were just ten of the dozens of things I happen to like about CHINA.

In fact many of the attributes I cited for China could just as easily be applied to the US as well. We have some great food and some incredibly beautiful women here too. It's not about differences or which is better.

Sorry for the confusion.

Lilac seems one tough cookie.. I think she would mop slap us all across the wide ocean to china with one swing ;)

I gotta learn this mopslap technique :ph34r: That way i can set my husband straight and he'll feel right at home LOL

Your husband should feel lucky to find you. Slap him if he doesnt listen . You should learn to be tough and descipline. :unsure:

Hehe, he does feel lucky, but i'm sure at some point over the years i'm gonna need to take a mop to him :huh:

Guest lilac6451

Your guys are so nice to talk nicely about China. Maybe I should initiate to say good things about US. Last night while I was lying on the bed trying to think of the goodies here, but no matter how hard I tried, only couple of things poped up into my mind. :cheering:

Go for it, but I'd really like to get your honest assessment. What do you see as the main differences and what is your opinion of them?

But I dont want to list here, because this topic is the only good one about China.

:happydance: