Angry Eggs...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly Angry Eggs.

So melamine is also used as an additive in chicken feed.

This is a plastic used to make high-temp rated plates and microwave cooking utensils. Surely they could export more plates instead of keeping it locally?

Geez.

Tyson to the rescue

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleas...008+GNW20080910

Tyson Enters Third Poultry Joint Venture in China

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15pm EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (0) [-] Text [+] SPRINGDALE, Ark., Sept. 10, 2008 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As part of its continuing

international expansion, Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) has finalized a joint

venture agreement involving vertically integrated poultry operations in eastern

China, company officials reported today.

The agreement is with the Shandong Xinchang Group, one of China's leading

poultry producers with estimated 2009 sales of U.S. $345 million. Once the deal

receives the necessary government approvals, it will give Tyson 60% ownership in

vertically-integrated poultry operations consisting of Xinchang's existing

assets and include the acquisition of a new poultry processing complex on the

east coast of the Shandong Province. The name of the venture will be Shandong

Tyson Xinchang Foods Company, Ltd.

"Poultry is the second leading meat protein source in China behind pork and

continues to make significant gains in consumption," said Rick Greubel, group

vice president and international president for Tyson Foods. "This joint venture

will enable us to help meet China's appetite for poultry, which has been growing

faster than the existing domestic supply."

Xinchang's business includes chicken and duck breeder and broiler farms, feed

mills, and hatcheries. With the addition of a new chicken processing complex,

the business also consists of four chicken processing facilities with a maximum

capacity of three million birds per week and a duck processing facility capable

of handling of 350,000 birds per week.

Most of the chicken and duck products are sold frozen through foodservice and

wholesale channels. A small percentage is sold through retail outlets under the

Xinchang brand and under private label. In addition, some is exported. A

majority of the sales are to customers in the region surrounding the Shandong

province, which includes the cities of Beijing and Shanghai.

"It's our intent to expand the production and sales of these operations and use

our extensive experience in the food industry to serve the rapidly growing quick

service restaurant and modern retail food business in China," Greubel said.

This will be Tyson's third joint venture poultry operation in China. The company

also has majority interest in a chicken further processing facility in Zhucheng,

Shandong, and majority interest in a vertically integrated poultry operation

being developed in Haimen City in the Jiangsu Province near Shanghai.

China represented 9% of the $3.8 billion Tyson generated in international sales

in fiscal 2007.

Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN), founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale,

Arkansas, is the world's largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and

pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member

of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based and

prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and

foodservice markets it serves. Tyson provides products and service to customers

throughout the United States and more than 80 countries. The company has

approximately 104,000 Team Members employed at more than 300 facilities and

offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code

of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with

integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders,

customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly,

provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and

environment entrusted to it.

Guest ShaQuaNew

We just bought three dozen eggs yesterday, and not a single one of them had a frown, or had anything unkind to say.

:lol:

DON'T EAT THE EGGS... :o

I had three eggs for breakfast this morning. Man, they were good!

<_<

We just bought three dozen eggs yesterday, and not a single one of them had a frown, or had anything unkind to say.

<_<

All kidding aside Jesse. Would you feed them to a young child? How about milk products?

Guest ShaQuaNew

<_<

All kidding aside Jesse. Would you feed them to a young child? How about milk products?

I did feed them to my child. She liked them too.

:eatyum:

Any answer to that would seem inadequate. :(

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think it would be better said that any answer that fails to agree with the shock and awe that some of you are attempting to instill would be inadequate.

Listen, the people of China are experiencing a growth never before seen in history. With that incredible growth, many things are coming to light, like the lack of sanitation, safe food, and medicine. The US has an excellent system in place to regulate and quality check it's foods and drugs. China is changing rapidly, and with it come many of these anomalies that affect it's people. I have every reason to believe that the people of the US will confront their problems, and hopefully in some cases resolve them. China is attempting to do the same, but it will take time.

Regarding the stories hitting the world press today about melamine showing up in eggs, the truth is that it would take eating 144 tainted eggs in a single sitting to become even slightly ill. Burl Ive's sang a song several years ago about his son wanting to eat a bushel of eggs. He told his son that eating a bushel of eggs would kill him.

While China is growing and changing, the people are dealing with issues as they arise. I'm not sure anything China ever does will please some of you, because it never seems that it will be either quick enough, or the right way to do it.

I think it would be better said that any answer that fails to agree with the shock and awe that some of you are attempting to instill would be inadequate.

Listen, the people of China are experiencing a growth never before seen in history. With that incredible growth, many things are coming to light, like the lack of sanitation, safe food, and medicine. The US has an excellent system in place to regulate and quality check it's foods and drugs. China is changing rapidly, and with it come many of these anomalies that affect it's people. I have every reason to believe that the people of the US will confront their problems, and hopefully in some cases resolve them. China is attempting to do the same, but it will take time.

Regarding the stories hitting the world press today about melamine showing up in eggs, the truth is that it would take eating 144 tainted eggs in a single sitting to become even slightly ill. Burl Ive's sang a song several years ago about his son wanting to eat a bushel of eggs. He told his son that eating a bushel of eggs would kill him.

While China is growing and changing, the people are dealing with issues as they arise. I'm not sure anything China ever does will please some of you, because it never seems that it will be either quick enough, or the right way to do it.

I do believe that there are people in China that will mix anything regardless what it is or how toxic just to make a yuan. The guys that were continuing to put this stuff in food products and feed products had to have seen the news concerning the health issues that is associated with it but yet these guys continued putting in into their products Why? to make money, it's all about the money.

Larry

;)

DON'T EAT THE EGGS... :lol:

:D

"Shock and awe" that WE'RE attempting to instill? Upwards of 40,000 infants brought in for medical care, with almost 12,900 hospitalizations, and at least three deaths. Seems pretty shocking and awe-inspiring to me Jesse.

We've all heard the mantra about China's incredible growth yada yada yada before and we all get it. We get that their sanitation procedures have a long way to go before they match ours. And ours are far from perfect. But at some point people are going to have to stop using the "growth" argument to justify tainted products in and from China. And I really do believe the Chinese gov't is starting to realize this and do something about it. But they're obviously not there just yet.

And I don't know where you get the 144 number from. The Chinese Health Ministry maybe? Even if it's accurate can you be sure the effects on kid's bodies is really that negligible? Do you really want to take that chance.

Listen Jesse, I realize that not eating milk products or chicken products in China forever is impractical. But it just seems that the prudent thing to do would be to at least cut back until you can be reasonably sure that stuff is out of the system. That's all I'm saying.

I honestly wish you and your family good health. Despite your laudable rosy outlook, it's gotta be a little daunting being on the front lines of this whole tainted food mess.

Please stay safe.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)