details of wife's interview

jimi, reading your words and frustration really brings up memories I never cared to remember.

After 10 freakin' months in blue slip hell, I literally fell on my ass in a gravel driveway of a house I was working on, when, after 10 months of hope and calling the DOS, I finally got the word from the DOS operator that I had so often talked to, and who, as another Vietnam combat veteran had gone out of his way to personally help us, finally, gave me the news we had failed.

I know your hurt and despair. I know the hurt your wife is going through. There ain't much else that sucks and kicks ya in the balls more than to get a denial from that bunch of yahoos in the Guangzhou american consulate.

The lil' rabbit's "in-terror-gator"...er...ah...visa officer is an older woman with butch haircut, glasses, and very nasty unprofessional attitude. I say that because it sounded like your wife got the same woman.

Hang in there buddy, if there was a secret or a single trick, that I haven't already tried, I would tell you. Congress gave GUZ the freedom from oversight and the freedom to do as they damn well please, a long time ago.

Good luck with the CR-1. Some of us just have to wait a little bit.

tsap seui

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jimi, reading your words and frustration really brings up memories I never cared to remember.

After 10 freakin' months in blue slip hell, I literally fell on my ass in a gravel driveway of a house I was working on, when, after 10 months of hope and calling the DOS, I finally got the word from the DOS operator that I had so often talked to, and who, as another Vietnam combat veteran had gone out of his way to personally help us, finally, gave me the news we had failed.

I know your hurt and despair. I know the hurt your wife is going through. There ain't much else that sucks and kicks ya in the balls more than to get a denial from that bunch of yahoos in the Guangzhou american consulate.

The lil' rabbit's "in-terror-gator"...er...ah...visa officer is an older woman with butch haircut, glasses, and very nasty unprofessional attitude. I say that because it sounded like your wife got the same woman.

Hang in there buddy, if there was a secret or a single trick, that I haven't already tried, I would tell you. Congress gave GUZ the freedom from oversight and the freedom to do as they damn well please, a long time ago.

Good luck with the CR-1. Some of us just have to wait a little bit.

tsap seui

I was in shock when i got the word,I thought if anything we would get the blue slip runaround,never thought the white.I will have to ask my wife to describe the Vo she had.It amazes me the crap we had to go thru,to get to this point,,just to be together,a denial.And yet as i write this, thousands crossing the border each night,and none of these goverment knuckleheads give a crap about that.

everone calls it an interview,i call it a trial,at least at a trial you get to have a lawyer present.....and dear God,my wife carried 11lbs of documents,none was asked for,except for passport and photos....

Don't get me wrong,i am not for scammers coming into this country,but let everyone present their best case.....because its not an interview,it's a trial.And my wife was declared guilty ,by one person,who probably that day had a rat up her ass.Yeah,i am a bit angry,it will take awhile to get this out of my system. And i will stop before i say too much.

anyway thanks for the encouragement.I ,and the wife are hanging in there.

jimi

Sorry to hear received a White Slip. Seems like i'm in the same boat.

I started filing a K1 for my Fiancee a year ago.

Went to interview in April of 2008, received a Blue Slip

Overcome Letter sent in April 2008.

After 5 months of wait and constant email sending, i finally got a email back from GUZ telling me that my realation is not Bono Fide.

After all the sadness and anger surpass. i went on several different fourms to see what are my options. I finally call Marc Ellis and was suggested to not to terminate my Current K1, but to Provide evidence to uscis to resolve any issue with it. Otherwise it will bite me in the ass if i file for a CR1. In the mean time I can go ahead and get married in china and re-file for a CR1.

This is where i am at at this point.

Talking to marc make me realise that after getting a denied from Guz, there is a very slim chance that one can fix the issue in GUZ.( depending on the situauton). One will need to wait for the file to get back to the USA. the UScis will lte it expired. the only way u can find out why they denied you is to use the Freedom of information act to obtain the document.

My fiancee call the office that Peter worked in GUZ, but as all might know.. Petere no longer work there anymore.

Edited by benc (see edit history)

After 5 months of wait and constant email sending, i finally got a email back from GUZ telling me that my realation is not Bono Fide.

After all the sadness and anger surpass. i went on several different fourms to see what are my options. I finally call Marc Ellis and was suggested to not to terminate my Current K1, but to Provide evidence to uscis to resolve any issue with it. Otherwise it will bite me in the ass if i file for a CR1. In the mean time I can go ahead and get married in china and re-file for a CR1.

Talking to marc make me realise that after getting a denied from Guz, there is a very slim chance that one can fix the issue in GUZ.( depending on the situauton). One will need to wait for the file to get back to the USA. the UScis will lte it expired. the only way u can find out why they denied you is to use the Freedom of information act to obtain the document.

My fiancee call the office that Peter worked in GUZ, but as all might know.. Petere no longer work there anymore.

Who is peter? Did you get to find out exactly why you got denied?

ok,with the "freedom of information act"how do you go about getting the actual reason behind ones denial,beside the "not a bonafide relationship",my wife scanned and emailed our white slip,it says nothing,except "not a bonafide relationship" and goverment bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla.is there a documentation by the VO,of what actually was the reasoning for giving the denial.?My thinking is,yeah the information act" you will probably get a document looking like that of the "Roswell ufo incident document" 90 % blacked out.maybe i am cynical.

Jimi

According to mark, for every denied, The VO officer must write the reason of the denied in detail. That will be sent back with all your forms back to the USA. Buy since USCIS is way too busy to look and investigate , they will just let it die. So to find out and fix the issue " Mark will need to request the denied form via "Freedom of information Act". Once we obtain it then the appeal process begins. ( BTW: if a chinese woman marry a Vietnnes guy, that is a big red flag, that's what happening in my case. as my fiancee ex husband is from there )

Once the denied issue from case #1 is resolve, GUZ can't bring up the same issue again to denied the vias.

That's where the CR1/I130 comes into play. The I hope this whole nightmare will end and she will be in the USA.

yes, this case will cost me a bundle of cash and help the US economy. But i want my Fiancee/wife here.

Who is peter? Did you get to find out exactly why you got denied?

ok,with the "freedom of information act"how do you go about getting the actual reason behind ones denial,beside the "not a bonafide relationship",my wife scanned and emailed our white slip,it says nothing,except "not a bonafide relationship" and goverment bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla.is there a documentation by the VO,of what actually was the reasoning for giving the denial.?My thinking is,yeah the information act" you will probably get a document looking like that of the "Roswell ufo incident document" 90 % blacked out.maybe i am cynical.

Jimi

Catch 22. Something is wrong and you have to fix it. We can't tell you what it is because then the scammers will know what we look for. Then to spice it up, we let the file sit till it expires. Hope for the Pink, prepare for the White and roll the dice.

I would recommend trying to go see her-- be with her. Perhaps after you get your bearings about that white paper and what you'll do legally next.

One thing I would recommend is to GET YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE INVOLVED IMMEDIATELY and have them check this situation out.

I would mention that the VO did not do their job because if they doubted the relationship was bonafide, they should have asked to see the rest of the evidence your wife was carrying (e-mails, etc. all the communication and pics, etc.).

That is key I believe. Perhaps if you act quickly you can get something done?

hang in there!

So maddening. THe power those people have and they can sleep at night? Do they not understand the depth of the human emotions involved in this process -- especially as the interview approaches and ensues? My God! They don't ever stop to think what damage they do when they make a careless *(RECKLESS) decision like that without having DONE THEIR JOB?

I can empathize with you. I believe if the VO has ANY DOUBT whatsoever, they SHOULD request for MORE EVIDENCE AT THE WINDOW-- anything the petitioner is holding should be reviewed to MAKE CERTAIN FIRST that their determination is accurate or at BEST, REASONABLE!!!!

The fact that - that VO can breathe easy after doing something like that

NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!!

I feel letters need to be written!!!!

PEOPLE NOT DOING THEIR JOB SHOULD BE FIRED.

where is the oversight?

Just stick with the process but don't be afraid to "professionally" address the issue of the VO not doing their job and for causing a lot of wasted time, money and stress/grief with the family.

Sorry to hear about this.

:rolleyes:

hello,below is the result of my wifes interview in her own words,but has been translated.

The dear husband, hello! ........... I am sad, uncomfortable, I am not clear, why is the white paper? The surface examination official said that our marriage is not real, below is my interview process, vo.) hello. Your passport, I. )Hello! I give the passport she, vo.) Who applies for you? I.) My husband, vo. )you speak English? I. )Little, vo.) Asks me with English, husband's name? I.) Replies husband's name with English, vo.) Asked with English, husband's date of birth? I. )on February 1, 1960, vo. ) your husband has married? I.) Has tied a marriage, vo.) When what divorces? I,) in January, 2006 live apart, in May, 2007 divorces, vo.) How do you two know each? I.) Is in on-line understanding, vo,) you telephone? I,) must telephone, a 2 day of telephone weekly, writes the mail every day, vo.) Is when knows? I.) Is in June, 2007 vo.) Does your when first time meet? When what marries? I.) on August 31, 2007 the first time meets, on September 8, 2007 marries, vo.) How many times does your husband come back? When? I.) Comes back 2 times, the first time is on August 31, 2007, on September 11 walks, the second time is on May 2, 2008, on May 11 walks, vo.) Your husband now where? I. )Florida, vo.) Your husband has the child? I,)one son, vo,) you have the picture? I,) have, hands over the picture, vo watched the picture to have you and our daughter's picture, asked that was who? I said am my daughter, vo said why hasn't applied for the daughter? I said that the daughter has filled 21 years old, vo a little has not believed? vo said that our daughter looks is very small, only then several years old, but also asked you and our son's picture, I said is husband's son, vo nods, other again had not asked that vo chose the picture which 3 both of us illuminated to stay behind, other pictures gave back to me, vo typed on the computer, latter put out a white paper to give me, vo said: " Sorry, I cannot issue you today to get visa, have the question welcome to ask " to 30 window; , inquired I to 30 window? The staff reply me: " You have been refused to sign, vo doubts you to relate is not real, will return yours immigration file American " . My at that time cerebrum did not know that what thinks? Also did not know how to go out the US Consulate, I at that time had not cried, I arrive at the consulate opposite square garden to sit down, the tear does not stop the class, I am very sad, I have sat for 1 hour, you telephone to give me, how me do not know said that latter I called me the friend to send the mail to you, I sat in the garden to past 2:00, I subscribed the airplane ticket to return to Chongqing, was the evening 7 o'clock airplanes, got the home already is evening 10 o'clock, the dear husband, I very much need you now side me, thought of you, you must take care, I am very today tired, I love you!!!!! your wife ying ying

-------------------------------------------------

how do they get not a real marriage out of that interview?never asked for the 100s of pages of emails,phone logs,yahoo chat,skype.none of this,well for that matter didnt even ask for my financials...

the thing with our children,now one more thing to add to the kitchen sink,my step daughters birth certificate,because VO doubted her age,yeah,my step daughter looks young,all chinese woman look younger than their age,what is the point,we were not filing for her,she is over 21.My son,i got the feeling,this woman doubted he was my son.My previous marriage,my wife was a mixture of philipino,spanish,and chinese,my son,has some asian features,as well as ,Italian and german(from me).how does one get "not a real marriage" out of this interview.I and my wife are both perplexed.