Question about interview...

Hi Joe,

I have been thinking about the same thing, and if you read the letter of instructions for K1/K2 and K3/K4, it is specific for bringing or having available the information about Ex-spouses.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

So, yes and everybody is right, I may even have the letter notarize (I'm stiil thinking about the pro and con's about that), but I am only going to tell my wife why. I don't think it is anybody's business except between myself and my wife.

Tom and Ling

Thanks for the link.

As for getting the letter notarized, there is no con to it....as far as I can think of. It would relieve any doubt of authenticity, in my opinion.

As for the "why", I agree with you. :)

Thanks for the advice. Best wishes for you both.

- Joe

Was your ex an immigrant?

Yes. She came to US on a work visa. We met during that time and married before her visa expired. I did not petition an I-129F for her.

- Joe

Did your ex go through ANY adjustment of status? Does she have a green card NOW ?

I thought you had to fill out G-325A on yourself, which would include prior spouses with Alien Registration Numbers.

Yes, she did go through adjustment of status and she does have her green card now.

I did fill out a G-325A in which I did put her on it.

- Joe

Was your ex an immigrant?

Yes. She came to US on a work visa. We met during that time and married before her visa expired. I did not petition an I-129F for her.

- Joe

Did your ex go through ANY adjustment of status? Does she have a green card NOW ?

I thought you had to fill out G-325A on yourself, which would include prior spouses with Alien Registration Numbers.

Yes, she did go through adjustment of status and she does have her green card now.

I did fill out a G-325A in which I did put her on it.

- Joe

OK - be wary if 1) you were ex's sponser for AOS and 2) the divorce date was within 2 years of you filing the I-129F for yer lass.

USCIS will look at 1), and GUZ will look at 2).

Yesterday there was a K-3 filer who got a WHITE SLIP at GUZ for a very short time gap between divorce and marriage dates. The VO deemed it 'not a bonafide relationship.

I know yer asking questions now, after you have initially filed yer I-129F, but these days (ok, the last 2 years now), some folks (myself included) have FRONT LOADED the petition at filing time, including just about everything that might go into the Kitchen Sink.

But hey - you got about 7 to 11 more months o waiting for the K-1, MAYBE it won't be an issue come time for GUZ Interview. Some ppl have had it (short time gap between divorce and filing date) become an issue at GUZ Interview Time, gotten a blue slip, and overcome it.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

OK - be wary if 1) you were ex's sponser for AOS and 2) the divorce date was within 2 years of you filing the I-129F for yer lass.

USCIS will look at 1), and GUZ will look at 2).

Yesterday there was a K-3 filer who got a WHITE SLIP at GUZ for a very short time gap between divorce and marriage dates. The VO deemed it 'not a bonafide relationship.

I know yer asking questions now, after you have initially filed yer I-129F, but these days (ok, the last 2 years now), some folks (myself included) have FRONT LOADED the petition at filing time, including just about everything that might go into the Kitchen Sink.

But hey - you got about 7 to 11 more months o waiting for the K-1, MAYBE it won't be an issue come time for GUZ Interview. Some ppl have had it (short time gap between divorce and filing date) become an issue at GUZ Interview Time, gotten a blue slip, and overcome it.

Thanks Darnell. Good information for what we should expect.

I really do realize there is a very short time between the divorce and filing our petition and have thought there might be some suspicions regarding our relationship. I initially wanted to wait longer, at least past January, to submit but we read posts from people who had submitted right after they divorced and still got approved and figured it would be OK to submit when we did (plus her lucky numbers are 10 and 7...hence the date 10/7/08). So when we built our petition, we "front loaded" it as well, giving nearly every single thing listed on the "kitchen sink" with the thought that it might provide a better case for us if we gave as much information as possible.

Side question - what types of slips are there?

I read about people getting a pink slip, which I'm assuming is good. This is the first time I'm hearing about a white slip and blue slip.

Please keep the advice coming. God knows I (and others reading this thread) could use it. Great stuff. :lol:

- Joe