this is western passion

Guest jin979

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is not everyone likes Classical music, if you do fine but I am just expressing my opinion about this subject. Why should I be "bashed" for that? I also like a lot of different types of music from different countries and cultures. Is it because I don't like Classical music that makes me a narrow minded person?

Except that's not ALL you said. You started out by questioning her title for the thread. It's her damn thread for crying out loud! She can name it whatever she wants.

Then you took a harmless thread asking whether others agree that Classical music is a passion in the west and turned into a West vs East thing. Seems like fairly provincial thinking to me. BTW, you do realize that the "West" includes many other countries besides the US right?

Then you accused her of generalizing about American tastes in music,which she clearly didn't do. All she basically did was ask if that type of music was a passion for others. So it's not your cup o' tea...good for you. All you had to do was say so. Why be so confrontational about music for pete's sake?

You take everything written here on CFL and distort what people are trying to say. You may hate me and I really don't care. It is you that has the narrow minded way of thinking. I am not making this into a East vs. West topic you are. Again, I just stated that not everyone likes Clasical music. Don't you have something better to do like put a square peg in a round hole? The doctors are waiting.

Classical music that makes me a narrow minded person?

Uh, yes, pretty much, John. :P

OK, here's Pachabel's Canon in D that I dare you to say that you don't like.

Uh, no, Dennis. I think outside of the box, not like others here.

As for the youtube video, Thanks. It was good and he is a very talented young man. :rolleyes:

Guest lilac6451

I like the second , Ludwig Van Beethoven's better. I like a lot of his music.

The followings are some of my favourite. I have been wanting a piano since I was a kid, but no luck. All I had is a ½Å̤ÇÙ.

"À¶É«µÄ¶à觺Ó"(

" For Elise""

Richard Clayderman's

Edited by lilac6451 (see edit history)

I like the second , Ludwig Van Beethoven's better. I like a lot of his music.

The followings are some of my favourite. I have been wanting a piano since I was a kid, but no luck. All I had is a ½Å̤ÇÙ.

"À¶É«µÄ¶à觺Ó"(

" For Elise""

Richard Clayderman's

Lilac6451, I liked them both also, I also like most music, everything from Classical to Metallica and most of everything in between except for some Opera and Ballet, but then that is just me, hell I even like oldie time music from the back woods and the deep south :rolleyes:

Again, I just stated that not everyone likes Clasical music.

Funny thing about the printed word. It provides a record that we can go back and review, and thus prevent revisionist history. :D

Dave, for me its..... Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Variation 18) - Sergei Rachmaninov :) <_< :lol: ;)

Classic to Country, it's all great, depending on the mood and the time.

Again, I just stated that not everyone likes Clasical music.

Funny thing about the printed word. It provides a record that we can go back and review, and thus prevent revisionist history. ;)

Dave, for me its..... Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (Variation 18) - Sergei Rachmaninov :( :D :) ;)

I concur Rog. :D

Classic, Taichovsky's Overture of 1812 to Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue" and in between a little ABBA or Twisted Sister or 'what's his name' from Mongolia. Well, somebody might remember his name.

I agree with Roger and Dave about the varied type and range of music available to enjoy.

this is thread to share music expression of western passion. simple thing i think :)

When Jie is in the kitchen doing something, she sometimes softly sings Chinese songs. After dinner we'll go walking in the park, and she'll sing softly. When she came here she brought a lot of CD's with her. Sometimes she sings along with them at home, or in the car. I think she has a beautiful voice. So I have to say that is my passion, listening to her sing. :wub:

Jeff

I hate music. Honestly, I can't stand listening unless it's in the background to something I'm watching (Movie, TV, interactive art piece, etc.) When I'm driving in the car, I only listen to talk radio (switch between NPR and FOX News Radio) I do like music, but only when I have visual elements that accompany it.