translation sofware

Guest Rob & Jin

Just to give some feedback on what I have found.

The OP's post was for some software called "Kingsoft Fast-AIT-Translationexpress2009". This software is designed for cutting and pasting whole page text. Translation can go from English-Chinese or Chinese-English. Translation of single words require cutting and pasting or typing in. This is okay, but not what my wife needs as for her application translation was slow. Her English is good enough she only needs to have single words, mostly medical terminology translated.

I found some additional software, "Kingsoft PowerWord2009". This is some awesome translation software. It will translate words at the simple hover of the mouse in word, a web bowser or pdf pages. Translation is English-Chinese or Chinese-English. The professional edition allows for translation of professional specific terms, ie.. medical. This is just what my wife needed. I scanned three of my wife's textbooks and created searchable PDF's. She brings up the PDF, hovers over a word and it will bring up the definition of the word. This will make studying fast, easy and well worth the addtional cost of the professional edition.

I found a 30 day trial download for those who wish to test drive it.

http://cb.iciba.com/buy/en/1003.html

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)