It seems that everyone outside of the immediate Guangzhou area are getting just the two dates that they can use to pick up their visas. Now I doubt that any of the ladies are going to wait until the second date. After this long of a wait they will be grabbing their visa at the first chance they get. I don't blame them. Assuming that there are at least several hundred of them processed that will recieve their notices within the week, that means that GZ will be swamped by everyone arriving on 12/23. Even as far north as we are, my wife will find a way to get there by Monday morning if she gets her notice by Saturday. I would not be able to stop her.

Who really thinks that they have made any real plans on how to handle the rush? Given that the Chinese culture lacks the Western concept of lining up and waiting your turn, I hope that GZ has thought to give the GZ police a heads up that there will be an unusually large crowd at the gate that morning. I've seen a crowd literally push people in front of a bus and cause them to be hit, fortunately nobody too seriously hurt, just over being the first on the bus. I would rather know that there were enough of the local jingcha on hand to keep things in order.

Guest bbridges51

Owen,

You are so right. The concept of waiting your turn is somewhat lost on them. IF it takes two days to hand out 500 visas, how many days will it take to hand out 10,000 visas? Oh, and how long will it take to process the other 9.5K?

you know, sometimes i have hope that with the stoppage of P4s, they'll actually be able to process 500 a day. But then, the cup is half full at the moment.

however, if they process 500/week, i might have to wait for retirement.

Brian