"Substantially Undervalued"...

It's been pretty boring talking about the $/RMB exchange rate lately... :cheering: On June 24 it was up to 6.87 and ever since it has not moved out of the 6.87 to 6.81 range... :blink: Now the IMF thinks China should let its currency move upward again and that it would help China internally to develop its economy... :bleh:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_zFng...9IZ3obu09k9jB8Q

I sure hope this is the case, it'll make Mothers house cheaper :blink:

What it'll cost me now: 420,000RMB = $61,403

At 7.84 exchange it would be $53,571

Oops Wrong way - a 14% increase in the RMB would put the exchange rate at 6.02 - and the value of her house at $69,767

I sure hope this is the case, it'll make Mothers house cheaper :)

I think one of us may be confused Jim... :toot: and it would not surprise me at all to learn that its me... :blink: however by the RMB going up against the dollar you'll end up paying more for Mother's house... :lol:

I sure hope this is the case, it'll make Mothers house cheaper :)

I think one of us may be confused Jim... :toot: and it would not surprise me at all to learn that its me... :blink: however by the RMB going up against the dollar you'll end up paying more for Mother's house... :lol:

It took you NINE minutes to type this? (I saw that you had started posting when I had finished mine)

I sure hope this is the case, it'll make Mothers house cheaper :P

I think one of us may be confused Jim... :toot: and it would not surprise me at all to learn that its me... :blink: however by the RMB going up against the dollar you'll end up paying more for Mother's house... :)

It took you NINE minutes to type this? (I saw that you had started posting when I had finished mine)

Hey I'm trying to work here ya' know... :lol:

Oops Wrong way - a 14% increase in the RMB would put the exchange rate at 6.02 - and the value of her house at $69,767

CRAP

I'm wrong, I just read the article. Yes they are talking about making the yuan/renminbi stonger. But it's going to be a tough call as they kind of pointed to in the article. Yes they would gain from a stronger yuan with what the US owes them, but for the last 2 years exports have been dropping. At the rate it's dropping it's going to cost alot of jobs in the next year. With exports holding most of the jobs and income for the nation, I don't think that they will let it move to much. So mothers house shouldn't cost me much more.

Edited by JimS. (see edit history)

Here's the future of the US Dollar:

http://i36.tinypic.com/24d0rp1.jpg

I thought it was already there and we were just trading worthless paper with the hope that it will really buy us something of value......

Actually the dollar is trading stronger against the EURO and the pound.

That kind of surprises me with the way the market has taken a dive.