Christianity in China...

Guest ShaQuaNew

*raises hand quietly*

Again... can anyone direct me to some Chinese literature about Christianity (Chinese bible, wiki, etc) for my husband?

They are widely available to anyone doing a simple internet search. Here is a link to one containing both English and Chinese translations of the Bible:

http://www.chinese-bible.com/

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am buddhist/taoist. why do you christians think your thing is the way and we need to accept it to be enlightened ?

maybe you need to become buddhist ?

i just say this as your posts imply you feel you are doing us good to make us christian. i think better you accept buddhism. same approach ?

better just accept people whatever god, no one is better. right ?

i am buddhist/taoist. why do you christians think your thing is the way and we need to accept it to be enlightened ?

i just say this as your posts imply you feel you are doing us good to make us christian. i think better you accept buddhism. same approach ?

Ever read Kiplings, "The White Man's Burden"? Or heard of "Manifest Destiny"? There is a sense in which you are superior and know better and this justifies your actions to effect change or to take over something... Religiously speaking, this is found in the idea to "convert" those who are not of your faith since they are "wrong". It all carries heavy moralism.

the irony is... a buddhist could accept christianity for the most part but many christians cannot really accept anything outside of their faith very easily... because the former is about integration and the latter about segregation...

I hope that answers your question :D

You tell 'em Jin!! I agree 100%. If you go back to page one of this thread and read Mick's second post you will see that not all Christians think you should convert. He is a devout Christian that IS accepting of others views. A rare thing now a days.

I never expect my husband to convert, and i've done some learning of Buddhism.

However my morals and how i react to certain things is a part of how i was raised, and thus my religion. My husband WANTS to learn more about christianity so he can better understand my point of view on things. He also mentioned that he's in awe sometimes of the kind of good person i am because i live by my morals, so he wants to look more into it and see if it is for him.

I'm not trying to change him in anyway, he's wanting to experiance it to learn more about me. I'll aid him in that if he wants, but i will never tell him to choose.

Here's something I found on Frontline:

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/china_705/

wow!!

fantastic video

thanks for sharing :P

i dont understand why these guys dont wanna worship in the regular churches

i think that one reason why the party is after these guys is because they are trying to hide from them.

the one guy seems to have the right idea just do it out in the open.

There are restrictions in China on ANY gathering above a certain number of people...It was in the orginal article...I think it was 25... :D

That is the way that I understand it. Groups of 25 or less can worship in their homes or place of worship without any restrictions. Any gathering of more than 25 has to get approval from the government to do so.

the way i understood it was you were only able to worship within the public held church that the government resides over.

the communist party trains the ministers and clergy.

if you wanna worship outside of the public monitored church, these are called home churches and they are illegal. there is not certified trained clergy in these house churches and the party does not recognize them as legitimate.

it said specifically that home owners of house churches can be arrested.

I never expect my husband to convert, and i've done some learning of Buddhism.

However my morals and how i react to certain things is a part of how i was raised, and thus my religion. My husband WANTS to learn more about christianity so he can better understand my point of view on things. He also mentioned that he's in awe sometimes of the kind of good person i am because i live by my morals, so he wants to look more into it and see if it is for him.

I'm not trying to change him in anyway, he's wanting to experiance it to learn more about me. I'll aid him in that if he wants, but i will never tell him to choose.

exactly, a lot of folks think that just because i am christian i think this is the only way. the buddhist way of thinking is very close to my own views.

most of bibles book of proverbs is word for word of a Buddhist beliefs.

thank God its not up to me to decide who is what or what is who.

only God knows our hearts and one day we will all be accounted for.

Here's something I found on Frontline:

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/china_705/

wow!!

fantastic video

thanks for sharing :P

i dont understand why these guys dont wanna worship in the regular churches

i think that one reason why the party is after these guys is because they are trying to hide from them.

the one guy seems to have the right idea just do it out in the open.

There are restrictions in China on ANY gathering above a certain number of people...It was in the orginal article...I think it was 25... :D

That is the way that I understand it. Groups of 25 or less can worship in their homes or place of worship without any restrictions. Any gathering of more than 25 has to get approval from the government to do so.

the way i understood it was you were only able to worship within the public held church that the government resides over.

the communist party trains the ministers and clergy.

if you wanna worship outside of the public monitored church, these are called home churches and they are illegal. there is not certified trained clergy in these house churches and the party does not recognize them as legitimate.

it said specifically that home owners of house churches can be arrested.

This comes from the Chinese Embassy :

In China religious organizations and sites for religious activities must register with the government in accordance with the law, which is the case in some other countries as well. Applications for such registration must meet the following basic requirements: a permanent site and name; regular attendance; a management organization composed of adherents to the relevant religion; clerical personnel for officiating religious activities or personnel with qualifications stipulated in regulations of various religions; management regulations and lawful income. Government departments shall defer the registration or only approve temporary registration of religious sites which cannot completely satisfy these basic requirements or have prominent management problems. Government departments shall not permit the registration of, for example, sites for religious activities which illegally occupy land or violate the statutes of city planning, which have been set up without authorization or which promote superstitious activities, such as exorcising evil spirits under the pretext of religious activities. Once a site for religious activities is registered according to law it has legal status and its lawful rights and interests shall be protected. If its rights and interests are infringed upon the organization in charge of the site is entitled to seek administrative and legal protection by appealing to the relevant government organ or taking the case to a people's court. There is no registration requirement for, to quote from Chinese Christians, ``house services,'' which are mainly attended by relatives and friends for religious activities such as praying and Bible reading.

Or if you want to read the whole thing, http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/zt/zjxy/t36492.htm