Love

Guest Rob & Jin

Guest ShaQuaNew

To a Chinese its action. not words

AGREE ?

Speaking on behalf of all humans, I disagree. Love is something you feel, not do. What you do is a result of how you feel. Therefore you are said to love someone if you do nice things to/for them. These nice things are done because of the way you feel toward them - a result of how you feel.

Since when? Some people care enough about their fellow man to be kind and loving to them, even when they don't love them.

Love has many meanings. In this context I assumed it was related to a 'partner'. If you look in the dictionary love has many meanings, one such meaning, essentially, is 'brotherly love', the love you describe.

christian orgs, for instance, love all brothers of the world, therefore their actions are many including rasing money for food, clothing, etc for poor people around the world. What they feel is 'love', what they do is 'help'.

End of discussion from my side of the fence. :D :P

End of discussion from you? Giving up so easily. Well, since you were speaking on behalf of all humans, I thought I would take you to task. Certainly you don't, and secondly when it comes to love, caring, and tenderness, it's a topic that is indeed close to everyone's heart. Like anything else, everyone has an opinion. I'm not speaking of brotherly love, but the mysterious act of kindness and caring that stem from love. I would also venture to say that the act always proceeds the feeling.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" I would also venture to say that the act always proceeds the feeling. "

Seemd we would agree... I don't want to have endless back and ofrths on the net, leaving people hanging for a response when I know I'm probably not going to post again for a while. Nothing toward you... :blink:

I just experienced probably one of the best shows of love last night.

Love is seeing my husband break into tears the second that our webcams connected and he was able to see me for the first time since I left China. He said he had never realized how much he missed me until that moment. My husband couldn't stop telling me about the things in his life that were completely lack-luster without me. The food wasn't as good, the wind was colder, jokes weren't as funny, etc. And that's exactly how i felt.

For me, THAT is love. Not that you are incomplete without your spouse/fiancee/etc, It's when you're entire life just SHINES when they're there. When no matter how cold you are, thier smile can make you feel like you're in Miami. No matter how green the grass is or how blue the sky blue, the colors are more brilliant if you have your darling.

Not that we don't love each other when we are apart. It's that the "gray-ness" that we feel without each other, shows us just how much the other means to us.

It still makes me cry to think about.

THAT to me is real love.

I just experienced probably one of the best shows of love last night.

Love is seeing my husband break into tears the second that our webcams connected and he was able to see me for the first time since I left China. He said he had never realized how much he missed me until that moment. My husband couldn't stop telling me about the things in his life that were completely lack-luster without me. The food wasn't as good, the wind was colder, jokes weren't as funny, etc. And that's exactly how i felt.

For me, THAT is love. Not that you are incomplete without your spouse/fiancee/etc, It's when you're entire life just SHINES when they're there. When no matter how cold you are, thier smile can make you feel like you're in Miami. No matter how green the grass is or how blue the sky blue, the colors are more brilliant if you have your darling.

Not that we don't love each other when we are apart. It's that the "gray-ness" that we feel without each other, shows us just how much the other means to us.

It still makes me cry to think about.

THAT to me is real love.

Beautifully said Amber, Junjie wrote to me once after we had met for the first time and I had been home for about a week " The best and most beautiful things, must be felt with the heart.

To a Chinese its action. not words

AGREE ?

To MY Chinese, it's ACTION!! LOTS of it! :) (Oh okay, if I don't say "words" too, she'll kill me!)

PS Hi everyone! We're still around, making slooow steps to get xiaomin here. We should have the K-1 package sent off to Laguna Niguel by mid-December, latest! RIGHT Honey???) -- RIGHT! ... AND, cross your fingers, pray for me, I need it.

Edited by Jerry & xiaomin (see edit history)