Bringing Desktop to China

Carl, I don't think you need peanuts at all. If you use foam strips around the edges, then cover the rest with cardboard, yer set.

If you've seen the horrors I see every day, you would think differently. I wasn't exaggerating on the 10 foot drop.

As for buying it cheaply in china, yes some things can be bought cheaply. But I really doubt they will have the top of the line video card for cheap, MAYBE cheaper, the I-Phone there is far more expensive than it would be to buy here, even with out a contract. To buy a cheap computer, I'm sure it would be.. cheap.

Carl, I don't think you need peanuts at all. If you use foam strips around the edges, then cover the rest with cardboard, yer set.

If you've seen the horrors I see every day, you would think differently. I wasn't exaggerating on the 10 foot drop.

As for buying it cheaply in china, yes some things can be bought cheaply. But I really doubt they will have the top of the line video card for cheap, MAYBE cheaper, the I-Phone there is far more expensive than it would be to buy here, even with out a contract. To buy a cheap computer, I'm sure it would be.. cheap.

The cards you want will fit in your suitcase - the box w/power supply, monitor, and mouse can be bought in China. Keep it simple. You could even bring an LCD monitor with you