China housing prices to fall 50%?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Dont listen to media. A two_bed, one bath flat around the fourth ring in Beijing costs still anything around 500,000 Chinese Yuan, higher than that of five years ago, which was 320,000.

Not today it doesn't.

Average price on fourth ring is 10k RMB per m2. Not many two bedroom houses that are 50 m2.

If you want to live in a nicer gated community in Nanjing, you will pay about 10K per M2. Average is around 8K.

Golly Gawb Howdy!!! Them big southern cities sure have some big price tags. :lol: Glad we will live on the other side of the railroad tracks up in a gated community in Hooterville, Chinatucky...2,600 m2.

I just, today, got some photos of the developement our home is in and some of photos of the guys working inside our home. Really cool, and beautiful.The house is coming together pretty quickly now.

Shucks, our really nice home wouldn't make a down payment on them big buck houses. :lol: We'll be spending time in Australia and New Zealand parts of the year, and travelin' around Chinatucky, I hope to meet some of you ex-pats for some laughs at this ol' life.

tsap seui

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golly Gawb Howdy!!! Them big southern cities sure have some big price tags. :unsure: Glad we will live on the other side of the railroad tracks up in a gated community in Hooterville, Chinatucky...2,600 m2.

I just, today, got some photos of the developement our home is in and some of photos of the guys working inside our home. Really cool, and beautiful.The house is coming together pretty quickly now.

Shucks, our really nice home wouldn't make a down payment on them big buck houses. :ph34r: We'll be spending time in Australia and New Zealand parts of the year, and travelin' around Chinatucky, I hope to meet some of you ex-pats for some laughs at this ol' life.

tsap seui

You got pics and you're not sharing....for shame... :ph34r:

I was informed last night that the house I'm buying for her Mother is also for us. I was trying to tell her that her mothers new house needed a oven. She looked at me puzzled for a minute than said "Jim, house is for You, Me and Mother. Not just for Mother"

Guest Mike and Lily

Dont listen to media. A two_bed, one bath flat around the fourth ring in Beijing costs still anything around 500,000 Chinese Yuan, higher than that of five years ago, which was 320,000.

Not today it doesn't.

Average price on fourth ring is 10k RMB per m2. Not many two bedroom houses that are 50 m2.

If you want to live in a nicer gated community in Nanjing, you will pay about 10K per M2. Average is around 8K.

Golly Gawb Howdy!!! Them big southern cities sure have some big price tags. :unsure: Glad we will live on the other side of the railroad tracks up in a gated community in Hooterville, Chinatucky...2,600 m2.

Shucks, our really nice home wouldn't make a down payment on them big buck houses. :ph34r: We'll be spending time in Australia and New Zealand parts of the year, and travelin' around Chinatucky, I hope to meet some of you ex-pats for some laughs at this ol' life.

tsap seui

Gosh, if there was a town in China I'd like to live in, it would have to be Hooterville! :ph34r:

Not today it doesn't.

tsap seui

Gosh, if there was a town in China I'd like to live in, it would have to be Hooterville! :ph34r:

Yassuh, jes' like Green Acres, Hooterville is the place to be.

tsap seui

What I find very amusing is the inner city houses in our city are selling for 150,000-200,000rmb higher for those worn out, noisy, smog ridden, and much smaller homes than the homes, in our area...only 15 minutes away. It seems to me and from my talks with the lil' rabbit herself, that the Chinese very much value being less than a 15 minute NASCAR taxi (1/2 hour bus) ride from the center of the city. Maybe it's the 15rmb for the taxi.

tsap seui

I have to somewhat agree with the Chinese desire to prefer living at the city center... :redmad:

When we bought our place in Qionghai, Hainan (about as south as you can get)we first looked at houses out in the 'burbs at the hot springs. it was 8 km from there to the city and man there was NOTHING but hotels and hot springs pools. Now it made more sense to me to live in the city where we could walk to every kind of store, restaurant and market we wanted. So we can head out 8 km one way for a hot springs soak... :unsure: or 15 km the other way to the beach... :unsure: Now of course there is NO serious traffic in our city and the air is good everywhere and the prices were all the same... :angel: So all things being equal...give me DOWNTOWN... :ph34r:

Glad we will live on the other side of the railroad tracks up in a gated community in Hooterville, Chinatucky...2,600 m2.

tsap seui

:surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

YOWZA...I thought our new Qionghai house was huge at 240 m2 but yours is 2,600 m2... :happydance:

Man you can have all of Candle stay at your house and never even bump into each other... :bounce8:

You 'da man Tsap... :D

Glad we will live on the other side of the railroad tracks up in a gated community in Hooterville, Chinatucky...2,600 m2.

tsap seui

:surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

YOWZA...I thought our new Qionghai house was huge at 240 m2 but yours is 2,600 m2... :happydance:

Man you can have all of Candle stay at your house and never even bump into each other... :bounce8:

You 'da man Tsap... :yahoo:

No, uNcA cuZin' rOggiE, we are still gonna be stayin' in yore mansion when when the Candle gang arrives. :) My lil' 93 m2 starter home ain't even half of yore palace. Yore master bath is probably bigger than our whole house.

And on top of it all , I gOtS to be the dummest guy on Candle as I done left out the "per" in between 2,600 and m2...my stupidity has no earthly bounds, I tells ya. :D But, I'mma happy stupid bastard...and I don't owes no bank a dadblame nickel.

We gots us'in more than enough money in the bank to show them Chinese officials, along with the lil' rabbit's home ownership papers, that when she travels to Australia and New Zealand, she will actually come back to China. :drunk: That's what was important to us'in...PLAY TIME...the house is nothin' more than a place to hang a terlet seat over the center of the bed.

One thang I ain't gonna miss in Chinatucky is having to play that keep up with them infernal Joneses game...do they have Joneses over yonder too?

tsap seui

What I find very amusing is the inner city houses in our city are selling for 150,000-200,000rmb higher for those worn out, noisy, smog ridden, and much smaller homes than the homes, in our area...only 15 minutes away. It seems to me and from my talks with the lil' rabbit herself, that the Chinese very much value being less than a 15 minute NASCAR taxi (1/2 hour bus) ride from the center of the city. Maybe it's the 15rmb for the taxi.

tsap seui

I have to somewhat agree with the Chinese desire to prefer living at the city center... :surprise:

When we bought our place in Qionghai, Hainan (about as south as you can get)we first looked at houses out in the 'burbs at the hot springs. it was 8 km from there to the city and man there was NOTHING but hotels and hot springs pools. Now it made more sense to me to live in the city where we could walk to every kind of store, restaurant and market we wanted. So we can head out 8 km one way for a hot springs soak... :surprise: or 15 km the other way to the beach... :happydance: Now of course there is NO serious traffic in our city and the air is good everywhere and the prices were all the same... :bounce8: So all things being equal...give me DOWNTOWN... :D

I hear ya uNcA cUzIn' rOgGiE, and I well understand being close to the shops to easily get what ya need. Lil' rabbit sez good food shops are right there next to our home, or as she put it..."gooda fooda easy to buy".

Now, if'n we feel the urge to feel the crunch of people, the horns blarin', lookin' at the beauty of the stunted growth of the trees, and get BIG black buggers in our noses... shucks, we'll just flag down Dale Earnhart, Jr.-san to drive us downtown so we can go for it...15 minutes away. I reckon I will need me a few snazzy and dapper new clothes from time to time. :surprise: Otherwise I'll be takin' strolls in the evergreens and serenity of the mountains around the resevoir. We'll let the urban sprawl come out to us'in, in a few years.

Ya know, I just drove 16 miles to the grocery store, walkin' down the sidewalk to buy some fish heads for din-din ain't gonna be much of a chore for an ol' country boy. :)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I reckon I will need me a few snazzy and dapper new clothes from time to time. :surprise:

tsap seui

Man you can just about forget outfittin' youself in China unless you're a wee little guy like Trigg... :surprise: I wear an XL here cuz, my arms are so blame long... :surprise: and in China there is nothing with long sleeves that fits me... :bounce8: and the pants are too short too... :happydance:

Guest Mike and Lily

I reckon I will need me a few snazzy and dapper new clothes from time to time. :surprise:

tsap seui

Man you can just about forget outfittin' youself in China unless you're a wee little guy like Trigg... :surprise: I wear an XL here cuz, my arms are so blame long... :bounce8: and in China there is nothing with long sleeves that fits me... :D and the pants are too short too... :surprise:

Shoes are hopeless for me. I wear a 48 in China. No one carries that size there. :happydance:

tsap seui

Man you can just about forget outfittin' youself in China unless you're a wee little guy like Trigg... :surprise: I wear an XL here cuz, my arms are so blame long... :bounce8: and in China there is nothing with long sleeves that fits me... :D and the pants are too short too... :happydance:

Heck, roGgie, most of the shirts I got in China were hand made, the shorts were made in Russia, and the flip flops came from Australia...what else I need?

Honestly, I never had any trouble fittin' my XL size...is you sum sorta go-rilla or sumthin"?

The lil' rabbit started changin' my attire on my second trip, and we never had any problems with long sleeve shirts...mebbe you can fly up north and visit us, and buy yerself some fancy duds at the same time. I gotta warn ya though, usually when I go into them clothes shops up north, I seem to attract a crowd of gigglin' and blushin' sales girls from other departments. You'd think I was some sort of Hong Kong "Ding Dong" movie man. :surprise: I had so many cell phone aimed at me one time...I thought I had a phone call. Mebbe they just ain't used to seein' hillbillies.

tsap seui

I reckon I will need me a few snazzy and dapper new clothes from time to time. :cheering:

tsap seui

Man you can just about forget outfittin' youself in China unless you're a wee little guy like Trigg... :bangin: I wear an XL here cuz, my arms are so blame long... B) and in China there is nothing with long sleeves that fits me... :( and the pants are too short too... :cheering:

Heck, roGgie, most of the shirts I got in China were hand made, the shorts were made in Russia, and the flip flops came from Australia...what else I need?

Honestly, I never had any trouble fittin' my XL size...is you sum sorta go-rilla or sumthin"?

The lil' rabbit started changin' my attire on my second trip, and we never had any problems with long sleeve shirts...mebbe you can fly up north and visit us, and buy yerself some fancy duds at the same time. I gotta warn ya though, usually when I go into them clothes shops up north, I seem to attract a crowd of gigglin' and blushin' sales girls from other departments. You'd think I was some sort of Hong Kong "Ding Dong" movie man. :o I had so many cell phone aimed at me one time...I thought I had a phone call. Mebbe they just ain't used to seein' hillbillies.

tsap seui

Well see that's why we're ending up on Hainan... :whistling: I'll never need a long-sleeve anything... :cheering:

I reckon I will need me a few snazzy and dapper new clothes from time to time. :cheering:

tsap seui

Man you can just about forget outfittin' youself in China unless you're a wee little guy like Trigg... :cheering: I wear an XL here cuz, my arms are so blame long... :bangin: and in China there is nothing with long sleeves that fits me... :o and the pants are too short too... :cheering:

Shoes are hopeless for me. I wear a 48 in China. No one carries that size there. :whistling:

I hear 'ya...I only wear like a 43 and I can't even find that...But yeah you can get 'em custom-made like Tsapper says... B)

Yore master bath is probably bigger than our whole house.

tsap seui

Well cuzin' I hates to have to say so but we've got 2 master baths and one for the guests... :whistling:

Like I said cuzin', yore bathroom is probably bigger than our whole house, now I see yore wive's bathroom is probably bigger than our house too. :cheering: Whoo we, I don't know how we're gonna make it. :cheering:

tsap seui