shipping to china

Guest Ca Surf Dude

Guest Ca Surf Dude

Hello. Been lurking here - very helpful site. Thank you. I need to ship several large duffel bags to china. There is no rush - what would be the least expensive way to send them? Thank for any suggestions...

:D

You may want to get the weight and dimensions on each and call a few global express shipping companies. DHL. Yellow Transportation. Airlines. Have an idea of the estimated replacement value, as well. The proverbial slow boat to China "might" get it there in likely 90 to 120 days and be the cheapest but why not compare prices with overall transit time. Not to mention peace of mind. With toll-free numbers and a little time what do you really have to lose?

You have to balance the risk to the value because your fiancee might have to pay taxes on it if you claim it is worth more than $50usd. That amount might have changed if anyone knows the value please post. The value is what you claim on the customs form. My packages to Shenzhen by USPS took about 10 days and were never opened. I wrote her address in English and taped a photocopy of her address in Chinese to the package also.

Looks like some good advice and ideas for you there, dude. Yes, do some checking around. Many outfits to choose from.

-good luck

I also have a question along the lines of this post...

Has anyone ever dealt with a customs broker? If so, was it or is it a good idea to employ one? I have heard that you don't necessarily need a customs broker, is this true?

-thanks