DENIED!

gomdad

"The consulate has determined that you do not have a BONA FIDE relationship with your petitioner"

This is the reason my wife was denied her visa on September 22, 2008.

Yes, we are married.

We are married for 16 months.

Yes, we love each other. Look at the pictures in my album.

Why can a low government employee decide on the contrary? Because he received, with his job, 1 ounce of power!

And now, depending on his mood, and personal taste, he can decide the future of others. WOW! Amazing isn't it? But true.

English is NOT a requirement to pass an interview.

Then, why is the interview in English? Why no chance of translation when, obviously, the Chinese person misunderstood the question?

We are both, devastated.

My wife blame herself for the denial. She has been crying since then.

I had my share also, but now, it is mostly rage that has taken over the emotional rollercoaster.

I sent the appeal form, with the $585.00 fee, to Guangzhou, I wrote to the Governor of Florida, 2 senators, 1 congressman, 1 representative, to the US department of State, and to the President of the USA.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY WIFE LIVING WITH ME IN THE U.S.

These posts sadden me terribly. I know your hurt, your shock, your anger, your trying to do everything you can to salvage the application. I know your wifes tears as she (mine) would say... "why american official say I bad woman?"

I also know your feelings when you say, "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY WIFE LIVING WITH ME IN THE U.S." ....I, too, felt that way. Heck, I had volunteered for, and almost gotten killed many times in service to my country...the DOS workers in GUZ could care less. They have no oversight, they have no feelings for you two, and they will do as they damn well please as they always have the INA, Homeland Security , and God knows what other vain and trivial laws behind them...again, with absolutely NO oversight on their actions.

When you get your letter from a DOS "chief" in responce to your letter to the president, take a look about 3 paragraphs down...it clearly states what to expect from the DOS when it states in black and white...."there will be no intervention as to the visa officers decision regarding your case."

No, you do not have the right to have your wife live with you in america. What the laws and the DOS gives you the right to, is to wait from 18 months, or 2 years, or 3 years of a disrupted life and the disgust to battle it out with their sorry low level officials.

You DO have options. You can battle it out and wait years for lowly american government officials to MAYBE give your wife a visa, or you can opt out of the 3rd party intervention, in your bona fide relationship and married life, of the glorious american government. :lol:

My woman and I chose the latter. The DOS in it's infinite stupidity, and with speculation and conjecture decided we didn't prove a bona fide relationship at her interview. :blink: We had the evidence to prove that we do have a bona fide relationship, but it was either thrown through the interview window in disgust, or not looked at, or even asked for. They made their decision and no evidence to our innocence was going to change their decision. :lol: Hence, they never asked for anything, and won't say what they think they see.

I hold that life is way too short to live it with some phoney baloney government officials living in your thoughts and bona fide relationship...EVERY SINGLE DAY. That is just my take, and my woman's take, on life. :P Uncle Sam is not going to live in OUR house or intervein in our bona fide relationship...unless "WE" choose so. :redblob:

Good luck, buddy, it's a long tough road for you and your dear wife. I wish you the best. There are good and strong guys on Candle that are going through the waiting and dealing with the USCIS and the DOS that are ahead of youm and know the ropes, should you choose that route. Charles (chilton747) is one such good and strong man, there are others on here as well.

For us, Uncle Scam is no longer a part of our life, and we've never been happier. :P

tsap seui

Hi,

I am just a newbe here, so I don't have the experience as these other old timers, but my fiance was given the blue slip on 7 july 2008, they wanted more info. We furnished all they asked for and still got the denied due to lack of bona fide relationship. It seems like these V.O. or at least a number of them just do not want to grant visas, it doesn't matter if you are married, engaged or what, they just are not giving your or my SO that cherrished visa. Well I don't know what you plan to do. I for one am not taking the BS from these CLERKS, On 10 October 2008 I will be back in Chongqing, head to the consulate in Chengdu show them my divorce papers, then head back to Chongqing and marry my fiance. When I return to the US I will file a I-130, which will possibly be a waste of time and money, but we will jump through their hoops one more time. It is not important if they approve or deny the I-130 at this point. We have already decided that what ever happens I am moving to China to be with her. I do have to wait until I retire, I'm 60 now, so by the time they get around to denying us again another year and a half will have passed and I will be that much closer to telling the USCIS, NVC and Guangzhou keep your petty rules and regulations that you bend at your will, I'm out of here, send my social security checks to the following address in China.

I wish you much good luck getting your wife here, As for me I'm finished with here, I'd rather be over there with her.

Best Wishes

"The consulate has determined that you do not have a BONA FIDE relationship with your petitioner"

This is the reason my wife was denied her visa on September 22, 2008.

Yes, we are married.

We are married for 16 months.

Yes, we love each other. Look at the pictures in my album.

Why can a low government employee decide on the contrary? Because he received, with his job, 1 ounce of power!

And now, depending on his mood, and personal taste, he can decide the future of others. WOW! Amazing isn't it? But true.

English is NOT a requirement to pass an interview.

Then, why is the interview in English? Why no chance of translation when, obviously, the Chinese person misunderstood the question?

We are both, devastated.

My wife blame herself for the denial. She has been crying since then.

I had my share also, but now, it is mostly rage that has taken over the emotional rollercoaster.

I sent the appeal form, with the $585.00 fee, to Guangzhou, I wrote to the Governor of Florida, 2 senators, 1 congressman, 1 representative, to the US department of State, and to the President of the USA.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY WIFE LIVING WITH ME IN THE U.S.

These posts sadden me terribly. I know your hurt, your shock, your anger, your trying to do everything you can to salvage the application. I know your wifes tears as she (mine) would say... "why american official say I bad woman?"

I also know your feelings when you say, "I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY WIFE LIVING WITH ME IN THE U.S." ....I, too, felt that way. Heck, I had volunteered for, and almost gotten killed many times in service to my country...the DOS workers in GUZ could care less. They have no oversight, they have no feelings for you two, and they will do as they damn well please as they always have the INA, Homeland Security , and God knows what other vain and trivial laws behind them...again, with absolutely NO oversight on their actions.

When you get your letter from a DOS "chief" in responce to your letter to the president, take a look about 3 paragraphs down...it clearly states what to expect from the DOS when it states in black and white...."there will be no intervention as to the visa officers decision regarding your case."

No, you do not have the right to have your wife live with you in america. What the laws and the DOS gives you the right to, is to wait from 18 months, or 2 years, or 3 years of a disrupted life and the disgust to battle it out with their sorry low level officials.

You DO have options. You can battle it out and wait years for lowly american government officials to MAYBE give your wife a visa, or you can opt out of the 3rd party intervention, in your bona fide relationship and married life, of the glorious american government. :D

My woman and I chose the latter. The DOS in it's infinite stupidity, and with speculation and conjecture decided we didn't prove a bona fide relationship at her interview. :blink: We had the evidence to prove that we do have a bona fide relationship, but it was either thrown through the interview window in disgust, or not looked at, or even asked for. They made their decision and no evidence to our innocence was going to change their decision. ;) Hence, they never asked for anything, and won't say what they think they see.

I hold that life is way too short to live it with some phoney baloney government officials living in your thoughts and bona fide relationship...EVERY SINGLE DAY. That is just my take, and my woman's take, on life. :) Uncle Sam is not going to live in OUR house or intervein in our bona fide relationship...unless "WE" choose so. ;)

Good luck, buddy, it's a long tough road for you and your dear wife. I wish you the best. There are good and strong guys on Candle that are going through the waiting and dealing with the USCIS and the DOS that are ahead of youm and know the ropes, should you choose that route. Charles (chilton747) is one such good and strong man, there are others on here as well.

For us, Uncle Scam is no longer a part of our life, and we've never been happier. :D

tsap seui

I know how it feels...you really don't understand the roller coaster emotion you live through when some government deny you a chance to live with the person you live. It's a horrible helpless feeling. First it's denial...then it's anger, then you move on to acceptance.

Good luck, don't give up and let those punks win. Make them work for the denial. I write them every week...I don't go down that easy!

I know how it feels...you really don't understand the roller coaster emotion you live through when some government deny you a chance to live with the person you live. It's a horrible helpless feeling. First it's denial...then it's anger, then you move on to acceptance.

Good luck, don't give up and let those punks win. Make them work for the denial. I write them every week...I don't go down that easy!

Homer, you pretty well summed up the roller coaster ride. It's impossible to understand it, unless you've lived it.

I've been through some real shit in my life, combat wise (shot down in flames 5 times in helicopters), but NOTHING cut my soul like the damn denial by the low life DOS in Guangzhou...NOTHING!!!!!

On the plane ride home from our AP blue slip I came up with a plan of action...in brief, if the american government is going to feed my woman and I this shit after my service to them...then they can damn well pay for me to live a very nice, and carefree, life in China...EVERY friggin' penny of it!!!!!

Now, in not too many months, I will, literally, be breaking the law, if I work, while collecting a shade over $4,200 a month tax free yankee greenbacks.

The plan of action, spawned by an angry VO and the criminal actions of the DOS, is coming to fruition.

That "loan" I gave Uncle Scam as a 20 year old aircraft commander of a Huey, has been called in.

Oh yeah, I carry the smile on my face, it hides the deep hurt from the abuse by the DOS,...thing is...that hurt and abuse to my woman is soon gonna be getting PAID FOR, IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS. :)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

I was denied for a funny reason because my fiancee and I were both young!

VO told me that he trust our relationship and we can apply again after some time later. I can not understand why thats a reason I can not get the visa!

For the white slip reason is bona fide relationship! I always hope thats just a joke. But we have to face the truth.

Good luck. True love will overcome all things!

I was denied for a funny reason because my fiancee and I were both young!

VO told me that he trust our relationship and we can apply again after some time later. I can not understand why thats a reason I can not get the visa!

For the white slip reason is bona fide relationship! I always hope thats just a joke. But we have to face the truth.

Good luck. True love will overcome all things!

This is one of those things that you "can't" be denied for (the only requirement is that you both be of marriageable age), but which fits quite neatly under the "not a bonafide relationship" umbrella.

So sorry for this stumbling block in your life.

I'm sorry to hear what happened.

My heart sinks when I hear these things because I know what it feels like.

I hope you give helpful info and most likely some others here can really help out with suggestions because they know their stuff.

Good luck--

really hope you overcome this soon!

We don't have enough information to help you. First of all what color was the denial slip? If it was blue they just want more information. If it was white then it is probably a NOID (notice of intent to deny) If it was a NOID then you will probably have to wait for it to be returned to the states. I'm confused by your statement that you sent in an appeal with the 585 dollar fee. At this point this wasn't neccesary. That sounds more like a petition for a waiver. For instance we have one member who's wife overstayed her visa in the US and voluntarily returned to China while her husband filed a waiver because of inadmisiblitiy. They were successful but it was a long and difficult road. Perhaps you should consult with an immigration lawyer. Sometimes they can get information as to the reason for the denial that you can't.

Good luck.

Oh and one last piece of advice. I know you are angry, I was too when my wife got her blue slip, but in the sage words of our fearless leader Don, "use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their a@@

I think it fair to say that anti-immigration is anti-American. The good news is we all have the ability to take true Americanism with us wherever we go. There are people who feel like you, and not all are AC. I have learned a lot from the fierce independence, demand for privacy, and individuality of my Chinese partner, that was hard-earned.

All the best of luck and prosperity to you, whatever you do.