DENIED!

gomdad

"The consulate has determined that you do not have a BONA FIDE relationship with your petitioner"

This is the reason my wife was denied her visa on September 22, 2008.

Yes, we are married.

We are married for 16 months.

Yes, we love each other. Look at the pictures in my album.

Why can a low government employee decide on the contrary? Because he received, with his job, 1 ounce of power!

And now, depending on his mood, and personal taste, he can decide the future of others. WOW! Amazing isn't it? But true.

English is NOT a requirement to pass an interview.

Then, why is the interview in English? Why no chance of translation when, obviously, the Chinese person misunderstood the question?

We are both, devastated.

My wife blame herself for the denial. She has been crying since then.

I had my share also, but now, it is mostly rage that has taken over the emotional rollercoaster.

I sent the appeal form, with the $585.00 fee, to Guangzhou, I wrote to the Governor of Florida, 2 senators, 1 congressman, 1 representative, to the US department of State, and to the President of the USA.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY WIFE LIVING WITH ME IN THE U.S.

wow! i'm so sorry to hear about your denial. this really sucks! i'm sure you can get some good advice from other members who have gone thru the denial process. :lol: as a note i'm not aware of a way that you can appeal this yourself at guz. from reading other's posts you either have to hire a attorney to hold the case in guz, wait until the case is returned for review to the states, or file a new petition and start over. be patient and persever and you will win at the end. many others have gotten a visa after initial denial. good luck!

Guest WenDylan

When you say your wife misunderstood the question(s)... what questions were asked and what answers did she give?

I am assuming you got a white slip, but was it a white slip or blue slip?

What information and documents did the VO ask for and what was provided?

Guest Rob & Jin

Did the consulate say you could file a waiver, ie 601 or 212 ? if not just filing one will achieve nothing.

If you got the dreaded "not bonefide" 221g denial then your case has no waiver within GUZ, it will be returned to the USCIS service center that processed/approved it.

what visa did you apply for , CR-1 ?

sorry for your troubles

"The consulate has determined that you do not have a BONA FIDE relationship with your petitioner"

Yes, we are married.

Why can a low government employee decide on the contrary? Because he received, with his job, 1 ounce of power!

And now, depending on his mood, and personal taste, he can decide the future of others. WOW! Amazing isn't it? But true.

Then, why is the interview in English? Why no chance of translation when, obviously, the Chinese person misunderstood the question?

We are both, devastated.

I had my share also, but now, it is mostly rage that has taken over the emotional rollercoaster.

I sent the appeal form, with the $585.00 fee, to Guangzhou, I wrote to the Governor of Florida, 2 senators, 1 congressman, 1 representative, to the US department of State, and to the President of the USA.

Sorry Gomdad. I hope you can work it out and be together.

Joe

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles. There seems to be quite a few of these showing up on CFL lately. First off, you need to let your emotions play out and get your head clear then you can move from there.

The appeal form and the government officials cannot help you at this point. The letters are only good for giving you release of your tensions and anger, but that's it. GZ is immune from any other government agency. And sorry to say, you do NOT have the right to have your alien spouse live here in the USA with you. Some of the paperwork in this process tells you that a visa is not guaranteed.

Very important here, are you K3 or CR1?

Yes, we are married.

We are both, devastated.

Hello Gomdad,

Can you give us more info on the interview? Why did they denial it? We need to know which question was misunderstood. I thought the interview can be done in Chinese? Please advise anyone.

Joe

I am very sorry to hear of your troubles. There seems to be quite a few of these showing up on CFL lately. First off, you need to let your emotions play out and get your head clear then you can move from there.

The appeal form and the government officials cannot help you at this point. The letters are only good for giving you release of your tensions and anger, but that's it. GZ is immune from any other government agency. And sorry to say, you do NOT have the right to have your alien spouse live here in the USA with you. Some of the paperwork in this process tells you that a visa is not guaranteed.

Very important here, are you K3 or CR1?

Like others have said, Sorry! BUT like Charles said we need to know more about your case. K1,K3,CR1

If it was a blue slip, No problem, Just give them what they ask for.

Now on the other hand, If it was a WHITE slip, Sorry!! now you have a problem.

Like Charles said ( chilton747 ) and he know what he is talking about.

PM: Charles, He is a good man and will help you all he can.

On a side note: Charles! What do ya think? :unsure:

Mike.

Hello Gomdad,

Can you give us more info on the interview? Why did they denial it? We need to know which question was misunderstood. I thought the interview can be done in Chinese? Please advise anyone.

Joe

Sorry to hear,you were denied.

yes,this has me concerned,i thought the interview can be done in chinese.My wife ,her english is very poor.has me worried now.

jimi

90% of the time the VO will ask your SO what language they want the interview to be done with.

But then again, sometimes the VO does not care and will do as they please.

At the time of my wifes interview: My wifes English was very poor.

They asked her if she wanted English or Chinese.

It was done in Chinese.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

I am also sorry about your trouble.

My wife (fianc¨¦e when we were in GUZ) spoke very little English. The VO asked a few questions in English and conducted much of the interview in Chinese. We were lucky to have a pleasant & understanding VO who was fluent in Mandarin.

There are many people here who are both knowledgeable and who have helped many people in similar circumstances (hence experienced). While this is a good place to vent (we can all relate), providing the additional information will allow you to get some very good advice and guidance.

Best wishes for a speedy and positive outcome.

i've read about some other cases where the vo insisted on doing the interview in english even though the applicant spoke little english. it appears to be 1 of their ploys when they want to deny a case.. it sounds like they had their mind made up before the interview. my so had her interview in english and chinese. normailly your so can choose the language. good luck in overcome your denial.

We don't have enough information to help you. First of all what color was the denial slip? If it was blue they just want more information. If it was white then it is probably a NOID (notice of intent to deny) If it was a NOID then you will probably have to wait for it to be returned to the states. I'm confused by your statement that you sent in an appeal with the 585 dollar fee. At this point this wasn't neccesary. That sounds more like a petition for a waiver. For instance we have one member who's wife overstayed her visa in the US and voluntarily returned to China while her husband filed a waiver because of inadmisiblitiy. They were successful but it was a long and difficult road. Perhaps you should consult with an immigration lawyer. Sometimes they can get information as to the reason for the denial that you can't.

Good luck.

Oh and one last piece of advice. I know you are angry, I was too when my wife got her blue slip, but in the sage words of our fearless leader Don, "use a lot of mouthwash to get the taste out of your mouth while kissing their a@@

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)