Dealing with a K-1 white slip

My SO had her interview at GUZ on 8/21/08. They asked her about 8 questions and for my I-134 and some photos of us, then refused the visa for lack of a bona fide relationship without asking if she had any other evidence-which she had a ton of. She's given no reason for refusal (just the INA 221(g)), no opportunity to present more evidence and the white says the file will be returned to USCIS for review and possible revocation. The lawyer has sent emails to GUZ to ask the file stay there, filed a brief sent it to the IV Chief and the congressman and the congressman has also requested the file stay in GUZ until a review can be completed. No answer at all from GUZ to anything.

Can anyone answer some questions for me? I'd like to know what happens from here, about how long it takes for the file to get back to USCIS, any phone numbers or websites I can use to track the latest status of the file, and generally any advice about this latest action and what my options are. Any comments/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Private email is xxxxxxxxx@verizon.net

Thanks,

Warren

(removed personal email address, please send email addresses using PM)

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

Warren, I sent an email to your private email. Did you not get it?

No, I didn't. When did you send it?

Thanks,

Warren

September 22. Perhaps it is in your spam?

Yes, it was-I just found it. Not good news, huh?

That is an understatement! When GZ sends the file back then you will get a letter from the service center from which you filed stating that the USCIS has received the file from GZ and they (USCIS) will review the file and get back with you when they are ready. Mine has taken 18 months to get sent back from GZ to the USCIS and it still sits at the USCIS. The California Service Center will just let the case expire and take no further action.

You can periodically call the Dept of State at 202-663-1225 (then push 1 then 0) and ask them the status. They should be able to tell you after it is on the way back. Before then there is nothing you can do.

You might want to consider getting married in China and doing a CR1 or K3. But you need to keep track of this K1 and answer any correspondence that you might receive from it.

My SO had her interview at GUZ on 8/21/08. They asked her about 8 questions and for my I-134 and some photos of us, then refused the visa for lack of a bona fide relationship without asking if she had any other evidence-which she had a ton of. She's given no reason for refusal (just the INA 221(g)), no opportunity to present more evidence and the white says the file will be returned to USCIS for review and possible revocation. The lawyer has sent emails to GUZ to ask the file stay there, filed a brief sent it to the IV Chief and the congressman and the congressman has also requested the file stay in GUZ until a review can be completed. No answer at all from GUZ to anything.

Can anyone answer some questions for me? I'd like to know what happens from here, about how long it takes for the file to get back to USCIS, any phone numbers or websites I can use to track the latest status of the file, and generally any advice about this latest action and what my options are. Any comments/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren

Warren, it sounds like your attorney has taken the proper steps to keep the file in GZ, hopefully it will be kept there and allow your to present the evidence she had in her possession.

Getting married is one option, however you will be forced to deal with the recommendation GZ has made before they will allow a CR-1 or K-3 to get moving.

In the past those who have fought the NOID and won received a return interview fairly soon after it was sent back to GZ.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

Thanks,

Warren

Warren, it sounds like your attorney has taken the proper steps to keep the file in GZ, hopefully it will be kept there and allow your to present the evidence she had in her possession.

Getting married is one option, however you will be forced to deal with the recommendation GZ has made before they will allow a CR-1 or K-3 to get moving.

In the past those who have fought the NOID and won received a return interview fairly soon after it was sent back to GZ.

I know that GUZ is supposed to keep a copy of the file at post when they return it to USCIS. After I deal with the NOID with USCIS, and assuming I'm successful there, does USCIS simply email or cable GUZ to resume the processing or is the file again sent snail mail back to GUZ?

Has anyone here gone this same route and been successful in getting the pink? If so, what have you found as the reason why GUZ originally refused the visa, and how long did it take you to overcome the NOID? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Warren

Thanks,

Warren

I know that GUZ is supposed to keep a copy of the file at post when they return it to USCIS. After I deal with the NOID with USCIS, and assuming I'm successful there, does USCIS simply email or cable GUZ to resume the processing or is the file again sent snail mail back to GUZ?

Has anyone here gone this same route and been successful in getting the pink? If so, what have you found as the reason why GUZ originally refused the visa, and how long did it take you to overcome the NOID? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Warren

Here is one experience from CFL: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24136&hl=

And I know of another member that went through this: georgeandli. His was approx 3 years as well.

We got the same thing in December 2007. It was sent back and USCIS finally got it on May 2, 2008. It has not been touched since May 19th. I contacted my congressman and they said that it can take up to 180 days. I guess we will see where it is in November. I had heard that it will expire and that the white slip we got is basically the NOID. We filed with California service center and that is what happens. We got married in February of this year and filed for a K3. The difference is with ours is we got married in Hong Kong. We are both foreigners and could not marry in China. He will now have his interview in Hong Kong. The positive of that is that it is shorter than GZ and I can be in the interview with him.

I am not sure what to tell you to do. we went this route because my congressman said that it could take a year or more for us to receive an answer and the answer could be that it expired and we have to re apply. I didn't want to do that. Just be ready to be patient it will happen.

Sorry to hear this, good luck with every thing.

I just wanted to thank everyone here who offered their comments and support to our bit of bad news. Before we began this journey I was naive and it never even occurred to me that this scenario was a possibility but I become more educated as I read the stories of the other member's journeys. I wish I could say that it's encouraging but it's not. What I do now understand is why many people enter this country illegally. It seems that the only people who are penalized are the ones who try to do things the right way. Crosby, Stills and Nash's song "Immigration Man" takes on a whole new meaning!

But I am thankful to have the goodwill and support of all of you! I wish everyone here success in their own personal journey and leave you all with the comment that it is more than ironic that all of us here fund and empower this heartless government through our taxes, only to be treated with contempt and disrespect by it's agents who have ensured that they cannot be held accountable for the months and years of agonizing misery that they so willingly heap upon as many of us as they possibly can. There has got to be a better way...