My Friend Richard

Rick1952

My friend Richard called the DOS today, and inquired into his fiancee's case. She had interviewed on August 5th, and received a blue slip for additional paperwork on her 9 year old daughter.

Richard was told that her case was marked NQ, or "Not Qualified", and that it was being returned to the US for further review.

The poor man is 64 years old, has been working on his house all summer, getting it clean and freshly painted for his new wife, and he is not a rich man, so this has not been financially easy for him.

Richard and I talked for a long time, he was very angry at first, and I let him rant. As the anger came out of him, the sadness crept in, and then he cried like his heart was broken. I felt so bad for him, I comforted him, I was glad that I could be there for him to talk to. I told him that I would spend some time this weekend, researching what this ¡°Not Qualified¡± means.

So please,,, does anybody out there in CFL Land, have any helpful information for my friend Richard?

Thank You,

Rick

My friend Richard called the DOS today, and inquired into his fiancee's case. She had interviewed on August 5th, and received a blue slip for additional paperwork on her 9 year old daughter.

Richard was told that her case was marked NQ, or "Not Qualified", and that it was being returned to the US for further review.

The poor man is 64 years old, has been working on his house all summer, getting it clean and freshly painted for his new wife, and he is not a rich man, so this has not been financially easy for him.

Richard and I talked for a long time, he was very angry at first, and I let him rant. As the anger came out of him, the sadness crept in, and then he cried like his heart was broken. I felt so bad for him, I comforted him, I was glad that I could be there for him to talk to. I told him that I would spend some time this weekend, researching what this ¡°Not Qualified¡± means.

So please,,, does anybody out there in CFL Land, have any helpful information for my friend Richard?

Thank You,

Rick

i'm not familiar with that term. i think we will need some detailed info about the case to properly respond.

Who is not qualified? On what grounds?

The blue slip should say it all. What does it say?

Richard has not seen the origional blue slip issued on Aug 5th. His finacee told him another document was required for her daughter, which was mailed to GUZ on Aug 6th. No one in China has heard anything since, so that is what he called DOS today. He was only told that the case was marked "NQ", "Not qualified", and that it was being returned to the US for review. They could not tell him why. I don't think his fiancee even knows yet.

You need to get a copy of all the GZ paperwork associated with this and post it.

This is all the information he has now. I will talk to him over the weekend, ask him to have the blue slip, and the requested document faxed to him. I will post any info I get, but it may take a few days.

Thanks to you all, who so obviously care....

Don't believe it until he hears it from GUZ.

Then read the blue/white slip and tell us what it says

ditto what randy says.

I think you can call GUZ to request and see what the status is correct? It cost like 54 RMB? Maybe Richard could do that. When my P3 was sent DOS still tell me it is sitting in custom or admin processing.

Joe

Edited by orchids (see edit history)

Don't believe it until he hears it from GUZ.

Then read the blue/white slip and tell us what it says

ditto what randy says.

This morning 09/29, Richard received a copy of the Blue slip fom his fiancee. 221(g) is checked off, and the officer wrote in "notarized certificate proving she has legal custody of child"

So I am in agreement with Randy and Dale. Richard has nothing unusual to worry about, he just has to be patient and wait for the process to work itself through.

I want to thank you all for your comments, poor Richard was having a meltdown after speaking with DOS. It was your comments and reassurances that let him find peace of mind. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, for helping this gentleman!!

Rick

If any case exemplifies how the interview paperwork and interview communication gets misinterpreted, misunderstood and otherwise literally 'lost in the translation' from the beginning, this one is a poster child.

It is simply imperative to have the actual paperwork (or, of course, facsimile) in hand before continuing to despair about some so-called denial, rejection or RFE.