Just starting

Well all I am glad to be with so many knowledgable people here. I met my SO on August 24th in Chengdu. We got married the day after her birthday on September 4th. Now I start the process of getting her a visa. I am looking into different lawyers trying to find a good one that won't over price thier services. I have completed forms i130 and i129f and also my g325 waiting on her g325 and the english copy of our marriage certificate so I can file them. Any suggestions and advice I would appreciate.

Guest WenDylan

Thanks for all the quick responses. I do have one question on the g325 that Xia is filling out the bold box at bottom does she use her personal info or mine.

I can't remember without know which line(s)... but just wait, because dnoblett knows all the answers! He should advise you when he reads this. What a pro!

Thanks for all the quick responses. I do have one question on the g325 that Xia is filling out the bold box at bottom does she use her personal info or mine.

you should both be filling out the g325a, if its her g325a, then you write her info in the bold boxed part on the bottom, if its your g324a form, you would put your info there. welcome to CFL and forget about the lawyers :blink: (remember to use NONE and N/A carefully, most likely she will put NONE for her A-number, unless she has entered the US before)

• 2 weeks later...

Once again thank you for your replies and help. I have complete filled out forms now of i130, i129f and both of our g325's. My SO emailed the filled out forms only problem is her signature is not on the filled g325's since they were emailed to me. Also I do not have a white book for our marriage certificate yet. I have the red book but it is like everyone says in Chinese. I could go get copies of it maybe and get those translated from someone local then maybe notarize one of them. But it would be notarized here not in China. And also she said she is getting all the forms ready to mail them to me. Along with her birth certificate and non criminal record. Both being notarized of course. Her friend is also sending in that packet a notorized note that she was witness and the interpreter at our wedding. Is there anything I can do to start the process or wait till I get everything to start it. Not sure how long it will be for her to get those notarized documents to me. I of course am being very impatient because I miss my wife and want her here with me.

thanks for your time

John

dont forget to have your wife get on the 001 bbs board, they're really helpful there as well, http://usa.bbs.net/

better she join CFL and post on "chinese forum" very experienced women there.

Yeah I have shared that link with her. She has been on it and says that alot of ladies there say its a long hard road. But she said to me that we will be patient and true love will prevail.

John - I would wait a bit more, till you have all of your stuff in hand.

While you are waiting, consider to front-load your application.

I also suggest you put together a photo collection for your application.

Since you are filing I-130, there is special section for 'evidence of a bonafide marriage' -

I studied the guide over at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

and learned about the 6 things I could possibly cover:

1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or

4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or

6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

so I could handle 2) - I got a new lease written for my farm with both of our names, 3) had all utility bills redone in both names 5) lots of affadavits from china and usa and 6) PICTURES - about 50, along with chat logs, telephone bills, travelogue with copies of all receipts, a full copy of my passport, this copy notarized.

I FRONT LOADED this petition.

My lass is from Wuhan, but her mother's family is in Chengdu - so we spend 1/2 the time in Chengdu when I'm in country. I'd be happy to keep in touch, ask my wife to keep in touch as well.

I would suggest to you that you don't need a lawyer, but you may want to spend some time around this site.

When I first joined, I read as much as I could, and also read the EZFAQ over at

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm

and the collection of faqs over at

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry233487

You'll also find that sometimes the search engine here is a bit brain-dead, so I suggest instead

you try a Google site search - go to www.google.com and enter in the search box:

site:candleforlove.com <<search terms>>

(removing the <> thingies).

Finally, there are some shortcuts you can use for the I-130/CR-1 - see

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut

WELCOME TO CFL!!!

Warmest Regards..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)