rejected I-765

Did you code the I-765 (C )(9 ) Based on pending I-485?

Or did you base the I-765 on K-1 code (A )(6 ).

It needs to have (C )(9 ) for eligibility category on question 16, NOT (A )(6 ).

NOTE: If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, as of July 30, 2007, no fee is required to also file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt

as evidence of the filing of an I-485 as of July 30, 2007.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf (Page 8)

e-file tends to be used to renew the EAD.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I tried to e-file this one but the uscis website demands another $340. Why? There is nowhere it asks for the NOA info for I-485.

i don't see much point in e-filing this because you still need to mail in the supporting documents. it just gives the uscis more chance to screw up. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I tried to e-file this one but the uscis website demands another $340. Why? There is nowhere it asks for the NOA info for I-485.

i don't see much point in e-filing this because you still need to mail in the supporting documents. it just gives the uscis more chance to screw up. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

You are exactly right

Thanks dnoblett. I did file under c9. I think the problem being the top line of the paper form was cut off when I printed it out. Fellowing the advices here, I'll just mail it.

Just to make the sure the latest form is OMB No. 1615-0040; Expires 08/31/08?

Note OMB Epiration date is NOT the forms expiration date, it is just the date that Office of Management and Budget has set for USCIS to complete a survey, to determine how long it takes to fill out I-765, as required by the the Paperwork Reduction Act.

eek....i inputted (a)(6) for eligibility when i mailed my forms, instead of ©(9). Will this be a problem and be flagged for RFE?

One of two things could happen, they will see that you sent it with I-485 and simply correct it for you, or they could be "Anal" and send the I-765 back to you because you forgot to include the $340 required for an (a )(6 ) EAD, in which case you would send it back to Chicago corrected to (c )(9 ) with a copy of I-485 NOA 1 letter attached.