My SO arrived at Dulles International on 9/09 and went through customs without any problems. She was asked for the package she received from Guangzhou, she turned it over to them and was sent on through.

She did not receive an I-94 card. I was wondering if this practice had been stooped or was it an oversite by the customs official?

We went to the SSA office here to apply for her SS card and was turned away because she did not have the I-94 and her status had not yet been updated on the USCIS site.

We are to be married on 10/18 and would like to have the SS card and state ID when we apply for our licence.

Thank you for your help.

It is a card issued usualy on the flight over it is needed by all NON-Immigrants like K-Visas, it is filled out on the plane, and is given to the POE officer, they will staple the Departure Record into your SO's passport.

If the POE failed to issue one, I would suggest visiting your nearest POE, and get one. Most "International" airports have POE office you can visit.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contact...rts/wv/1409.xml

You need to include a photo copy of front and back of I-94 with Adjustment of status application I-485.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

My SO arrived at Dulles International on 9/09 and went through customs without any problems. She was asked for the package she received from Guangzhou, she turned it over to them and was sent on through.

She did not receive an I-94 card. I was wondering if this practice had been stooped or was it an oversite by the customs official?

We went to the SSA office here to apply for her SS card and was turned away because she did not have the I-94 and her status had not yet been updated on the USCIS site.

We are to be married on 10/18 and would like to have the SS card and state ID when we apply for our licence.

Thank you for your help.

wow! the customs really screwed up! you will need the i-94 for many things even a copy is required with your aos package. i'm not sure what the procedure is to get an i-94 at this point maybe someone else will chime in. when my so arrived at the poe she had already filled out the i-94 on the flight and the customs agent kept the arrival portion and stapled the departure portion with expiration date to her passport. i think their is a form you can fill out and apply for the i-94 but i'm not sure.

Yes - you can get a replacement I-94 by filing an I-102 with your USCIS office, if jt's not in her passport.

The problem with filing I-102 is that it can take time, and there is a FEE.

I would first got to nearest CBP office, and explain that card was not issued or over looked on the flight over, and the CBP officer failed to issue one at the airport, by the entry stamps in passport, the CBP office should be issue an I-94 card dated to that of the entry stamp.

Yes - you can get a replacement I-94 by filing an I-102 with your USCIS office, if jt's not in her passport.

The problem with filing I-102 is that it can take time, and there is a FEE.

I would first got to nearest CBP office, and explain that card was not issued or over looked on the flight over, and the CBP officer failed to issue one at the airport, by the entry stamps in passport, the CBP office should be issue an I-94 card dated to that of the entry stamp.

OK, Good to have such quick response to my question. I looked at the I-102 instructions and in my case there should be no fee, although the wait time will be a few weeks.

Thanks for all of your help.