WESTERN BOYS

Guest Rob & Jin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

Western parents to soft on children I think.

Jin

Hell, I've gotten the flyswatter many times from the old man, but mother preferred the wooden spoon across the buttocks. :P

Heck no... I had a hard leather belt. I couldn't walk for days after I made a mistake... no kidding.

oh i dont mean that just , beating is no good. just westen soft give little ones to much choices, parents must be boss.

Jin - I think is bigger problem these days...

This applies to some, not all parents:

1. work too much, make no time to really raise / foster their children.

2. corporal punishment is not legal in many places, so basic fear of 'ass-whupping' not so prevalent as it was in my generation.

3. focus and care not always on the children 100 percent of the time.

Now , I'm not perfect either, but I strive for something above today's median in the curve.

Guest Rob & Jin

no.. no if soft children they no have self control or respect for olders, this will cause problems when they are older.

I am 2nd mother so cannont intervene much in this, but i say westen man and parents are to soft.

Chinese children much more discilpine

Guest WenDylan

no.. no if soft children they no have self control or respect for olders, this will cause problems when they are older.

I am 2nd mother so cannont intervene much in this, but i say westen man and parents are to soft.

I have problems? :lol:

I can certainly understand what you are saying. I think you will get many different opinions of this. Good thread.