denial for citizenship

Jo & Ju

Hi, I am waiting my ASC appointment notice after I received the recipe of $ 545 payment. But I received the letter that denied for failure to appear for biometrics capture at local ASC. I went to Hartford CT USCIS office trough Infopass. They told me in their computer didn¡¯t show that the VT office send out any ASC appointment notice. They suggest me send them a letter explain the whole situation, hope they will reopen the case. My husband also calls the VT office: 1800-375-5283 eventually speaks to the person. But they said they can¡¯t do anything, we have to send them an other $ 545 to reopen the case. Can some one tell me what I can do to avoid to pay again? Do you think if I send them the letter will works? Thank you very much for your reading.

Hi, I am waiting my ASC appointment notice after I received the recipe of $ 545 payment. But I received the letter that denied for failure to appear for biometrics capture at local ASC. I went to Hartford CT USCIS office trough Infopass. They told me in their computer didn¡¯t show that the VT office send out any ASC appointment notice. They suggest me send them a letter explain the whole situation, hope they will reopen the case. My husband also calls the VT office: 1800-375-5283 eventually speaks to the person. But they said they can¡¯t do anything, we have to send them an other $ 545 to reopen the case. Can some one tell me what I can do to avoid to pay again? Do you think if I send them the letter will works? Thank you very much for your reading.

You could file an inquiry with the USCIS Ombudsman.

Maybe the mods will split Thu off to a separate topic so it will get more of a response.

Hi, I am waiting my ASC appointment notice after I received the recipe of $ 545 payment. But I received the letter that denied for failure to appear for biometrics capture at local ASC. I went to Hartford CT USCIS office trough Infopass. They told me in their computer didn’t show that the VT office send out any ASC appointment notice. They suggest me send them a letter explain the whole situation, hope they will reopen the case. My husband also calls the VT office: 1800-375-5283 eventually speaks to the person. But they said they can’t do anything, we have to send them an other $ 545 to reopen the case. Can some one tell me what I can do to avoid to pay again? Do you think if I send them the letter will works? Thank you very much for your reading.

I'm a little confused by the fee. I may have wrongly assumed you filed a N-400 application for citizenship. Unless you filed before July 2007 the fee is more than $545.00. Before July 2007 it was considerably less.

From the USCIS website

$595 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $675. Applicants 75 years of age or older are not charged a biometric fee; their fee total is $595. No fee is required for military applicants filing under Section 328 and 329 of the INA

What forms did you file and where?

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)