Is this ok?

Our interview is coming up, and we have everything ready now. I'm just worried about our current financial situation, I hope everything is ok. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve this.

im currently unemployed and have virtually no income.

my father agreed to cosponsor as household member. his income has been a steady 60k+ for the past 3 years, he has tax transcripts to show this. this year, he decided to put the store up for sale and recently closed escrow on the store in august. now on his i864a it shows unemployed since 8.15.08, and mine also show unemployed. for his current income we've calculated his YTD income and included his financial statement for august. the store sold for 300k+ so we have included the final escrow papers and bank statements of where the money is and added it into his assets. he also owns a home which we want to add as assets, is this overkill? if we want to add his home as assets, how can we do this properly?

basically theres no specific question here, but let me know how this sounds, do you think the VO will flag us with blue because we're both unemployed? but we have plenty for assets, and my father has YTD income. what do you all think? im really worried about this, it looks terrible on paper, but the situation isn't... he's currently looking to buy a new business but has no proof of current steady income which is what they usually look for...

Assets are good - it sounds like you're covered there. Overkill is good also (money talks here). The value of the house is it's current appraised value, minus the amount owed.

An accountant should be able to draw up a very pretty (and accurate) picture of your father's financial situation.

my wife and i are both in the graphic design industry, i've had work experience in the states and china, while sophia has worked in china for over 2 years, but since i've only recently returned from china, i havent had a chance to establish myself here in the states yet, at least not in time for the interview since the interview came up much earlier than anticipated. so i have no proof of current employment yet.

plus, we're crazy in love with each other, shouldn't that be enough? :)

Love doesn't count for anything in the "CONSULATE OF GUANGZHOU", no one in that place has a heart, wouldn't know what Love is if it came up and bit them in the ******* ***.

plus, we're crazy in love with each other, shouldn't that be enough? :)

That's enough for me. All the best to both of you. :)

Thanks

Guest Rob & Jin

can I ask a few questions ? pretend I am VO-

1.how will you support her?

2.what proof ?

3. where will you live?

4. can your parents really support you both, now he has no business ?

This is my personal opinion, but you COULD be walking into a blue or even denial.

just a thought delay your interview until you have a job, earnt cash, payed taxes and can show them you can finiancialy do this.

This is JMHO

And just on the realism side of living together- it aint cheap- insurance, clothes, food, etc..... all go up, can you do it ? can/are you parents really going to pay for all this ?

food for thought

good luck

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

can I ask a few questions ? pretend I am VO-

1.how will you support her?

2.what proof ?

3. where will you live?

4. can your parents really support you both, now he has no business ?

This is my personal opinion, but you COULD be walking into a blue or even denial.

just a thought delay your interview until you have a job, earnt cash, payed taxes and can show them you can finiancialy do this.

This is JMHO

And just on the realism side of living together- it aint cheap- insurance, clothes, food, etc..... all go up, can you do it ? can/are you parents really going to pay for all this ?

food for thought

good luck

ditto what rob said. the vo has a free rein to do whatever he wants. consider his advice. good luck to you.

i have a sickening feeling in my stomach...

i just realized your interview is in 6 days! you have to decide quickly whether to cancel the interview or just go for it. hopefully someone else will chime in and advise you as i don't know. technically your ok, but the vo can do whatever he wants. honestly, i think a blue is the worst that can happen. i think its unlikely you will get a white.

is it possible to have 2 joint sponsors for the same beneficiary?

basically 3 ppl filling out i864 for 1 person

Yes, you can have more than 1 sponsor from what I know.

Secondly, on paper, the assets will cover you. You need to be able to prove how much the house is worth with a quick appraisal, and prove what the debt is to show the difference.

I.e. prove nothing is owed on it, or whatever. Then the combination of those assets and the cash your father [sponsor] has should suffice. Yes, you guys have no jobs, but you can obviously argue you are going to get one.

Secondly the paperwork says, assets divided by 5, and then as long as it is more than the poverty line, you are covered.

But, as others have stated, they have the ability to say no anyway, I would enclose a letter stating you are just moving back and will have a job within a short time, and the assets are enough to cover you guys for years,,,,,it sounds like.

Do you have to prove domicile? Depending upon which forms you are using, some require proving domicile, meaning you need to prove you have a home in the USA or an address there with a lease or something. If you said 864's, they require proof of domicile. You need to show drivers license, voting card, electric bill, tax return or something to prove you reside in the USA. Maybe you don't need this, because some applications do not, but if you do, you better square that up as well.

Edited by RRTony (see edit history)

man, what a wake up call, we thought we had everything, but now im scramblin! its ok though, we got it all figured out. my brother will be my joint sponsor, and my father will just be included as my household member filling out i864A. this way we got all our bases covered. i have proof of domicile already, drivers license, insurance card, and cellphone bill. i've written letters to explain every little detail and getting them all notarized. including invitation letters from my parents and my brother. thank you everyone for your help, i dont know where i would be w/out CFL.