Chinese dairy knew milk fault weeks before recall

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/world/as...amp;oref=slogin

Cereal, candy, instant coffee and tea mixes...a whole lot of products are being pulled from stores all over the world as a result of this melamine scare...I think it best if China gets really hurt financially over this as perhaps the only way to make the government and people realize how vital it is for them to be better stewards of their food products. I read a letter yesterday from a Chinese mother who just could not understand the kind of people we have become who could intentionally poison babies to earn a few more yuan... :cheering: Only the monsters who did this can look into their black hearts and answer that question... :happydance:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/27/world/as...amp;oref=slogin

Cereal, candy, instant coffee and tea mixes...a whole lot of products are being pulled from stores all over the world as a result of this melamine scare...I think it best if China gets really hurt financially over this as perhaps the only way to make the government and people realize how vital it is for them to be better stewards of their food products. I read a letter yesterday from a Chinese mother who just could not understand the kind of people we have become who could intentionally poison babies to earn a few more yuan... :pilot: Only the monsters who did this can look into their black hearts and answer that question... :happydance:

For the most part I usually agree with your posts. However, this post seems to suggest that it is a few monsters doing this

Nobody ever asked me about my disdain for China. Well, here is one major reason. The majority of people I met in China, young or old, rich or poor, woman or man (particularly man) are of this nature. To a greater or lesser degree.

In other words, not just a few antisocial types but a society steeped in this behavior.

Consequently, it will take more than an economic crisis to repair this, or many other, damages being perpetrated on the Chinese people by the ordinary Chinese person.

I know from reading the accounts that it was definitely NOT "a few monsters" Steve... :clapping: and I do suspect you are correct that the society as a whole is steeped in this kind of behavior...if not to this degree I think that the dictum that everything for ME and screw everyone else is widely held... :cheering:

My wife told me about the bad powered milk over 1 year ago. She wanted me to bring some from the USA last time I went to China, which I did. Now how is it we are just learning this from the news when my wife knew about this a long time ago??

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :cheering: When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :happydance:

My wife told me about the bad powered milk over 1 year ago. She wanted me to bring some from the USA last time I went to China, which I did. Now how is it we are just learning this from the news when my wife knew about this a long time ago??

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :lol: When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :lol:

Roger we have a lot to learn before we go packing it over to China. The good thing is that we have several more years before we go. Also the last time I went to China I wanted some Benedryl as I has a sinus infection. I found some in a pharmacy there that said Diphenhydramine on the package. My wife insisted that this was not the same as made in the USA and would hurt me. More and more I am beginning to understand just how wide spread this problem of bad products is. I think it is far worse than we ever imagined. :)

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :) When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :lol:

Roger we have a lot to learn before we go packing it over to China. The good thing is that we have several more years before we go. Also the last time I went to China I wanted some Benedryl as I has a sinus infection. I found some in a pharmacy there that said Diphenhydramine on the package. My wife insisted that this was not the same as made in the USA and would hurt me. More and more I am beginning to understand just how wide spread this problem of bad products is. I think it is far worse than we ever imagined. :P

We have a good friend in Guangzhou who is a cadre and has one of those very easy gummint jobs with all the perks...He is also very health conscious and does yoga, etc...He always told laopo she had no idea how bad the food really was... :P Just because it looks good... :) doesn't mean it is good... :lol:

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :P When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :)

Roger we have a lot to learn before we go packing it over to China. The good thing is that we have several more years before we go. Also the last time I went to China I wanted some Benedryl as I has a sinus infection. I found some in a pharmacy there that said Diphenhydramine on the package. My wife insisted that this was not the same as made in the USA and would hurt me. More and more I am beginning to understand just how wide spread this problem of bad products is. I think it is far worse than we ever imagined. :)

We have a good friend in Guangzhou who is a cadre and has one of those very easy gummint jobs with all the perks...He is also very health conscious and does yoga, etc...He always told laopo she had no idea how bad the food really was... :o Just because it looks good... :) doesn't mean it is good... :P

Absolutely Roger. :lol: I think the only way to be the safest is to Never eat a a restaurant there and be very careful about what you buy to cook and how you cook it. Laopo has always insisted on this but being the stupid ignorant man that I am, I could never understand why. But I am learning. ;) Now if I can just get her to wash the fruit before she eats it then maybe she wouldn't spend so much time on the terlet. :lol:

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :) When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :P

Roger we have a lot to learn before we go packing it over to China. The good thing is that we have several more years before we go. Also the last time I went to China I wanted some Benedryl as I has a sinus infection. I found some in a pharmacy there that said Diphenhydramine on the package. My wife insisted that this was not the same as made in the USA and would hurt me. More and more I am beginning to understand just how wide spread this problem of bad products is. I think it is far worse than we ever imagined. :o

We have a good friend in Guangzhou who is a cadre and has one of those very easy gummint jobs with all the perks...He is also very health conscious and does yoga, etc...He always told laopo she had no idea how bad the food really was... :) Just because it looks good... ;) doesn't mean it is good... :P

Absolutely Roger. :lol: I think the only way to be the safest is to Never eat a a restaurant there and be very careful about what you buy to cook and how you cook it. Laopo has always insisted on this but being the stupid ignorant man that I am, I could never understand why. But I am learning. ;) Now if I can just get her to wash the fruit before she eats it then maybe she wouldn't spend so much time on the terlet. :)

OMG my wife even peels grapes... :lol:

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :o When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :P

We have a good friend in Guangzhou who is a cadre and has one of those very easy gummint jobs with all the perks...He is also very health conscious and does yoga, etc...He always told laopo she had no idea how bad the food really was... ;) Just because it looks good... ;) doesn't mean it is good... :)

Absolutely Roger. :lol: I think the only way to be the safest is to Never eat a a restaurant there and be very careful about what you buy to cook and how you cook it. Laopo has always insisted on this but being the stupid ignorant man that I am, I could never understand why. But I am learning. ;) Now if I can just get her to wash the fruit before she eats it then maybe she wouldn't spend so much time on the terlet. :)

OMG my wife even peels grapes... :lol:

Wish me luck Roger. I think I'm gonna really need it. :P

I can remember being so simple about Chinese products... :huh: When laopo was still in China she asked me to send her some vitamins...I said can't you get them there??? :blink:

Roger we have a lot to learn before we go packing it over to China. The good thing is that we have several more years before we go. Also the last time I went to China I wanted some Benedryl as I has a sinus infection. I found some in a pharmacy there that said Diphenhydramine on the package. My wife insisted that this was not the same as made in the USA and would hurt me. More and more I am beginning to understand just how wide spread this problem of bad products is. I think it is far worse than we ever imagined. :o

We have a good friend in Guangzhou who is a cadre and has one of those very easy gummint jobs with all the perks...He is also very health conscious and does yoga, etc...He always told laopo she had no idea how bad the food really was... :o Just because it looks good... :) doesn't mean it is good... :blink:

Absolutely Roger. :unsure: I think the only way to be the safest is to Never eat a a restaurant there and be very careful about what you buy to cook and how you cook it. Laopo has always insisted on this but being the stupid ignorant man that I am, I could never understand why. But I am learning. ;) Now if I can just get her to wash the fruit before she eats it then maybe she wouldn't spend so much time on the terlet. :unsure:

OMG my wife even peels grapes... :surprise:

Wish me luck Roger. I think I'm gonna really need it. :ph34r:

But seriously we are planning on ALWAYS eating at restaurants... :eatyum: I've never really even gotten sick myself... :shutup: And since I'll be SEVENTY when we get over there I'm not worried about long term health effects either because at that age...WE ALL HAVE TO DIE FROM SOMETHING... :whistling:

But for young 'uns... :baby: I would worry very much... :(