photocopies of passport for interview

i sent my wife photo copies of my passport(colored copies),all the pages,but my wife is saying,they should be notarized.Do the copies of the pasport need to be notorized,and if so,do all the pages(photocopies),need to be notarized?

jimi

It is recommended to have pages notarized, it tells the VO that they are true and accurate copies.

However, it depends on where you live, some notaries will not do this.

In our case we did not, I was in Guangzhou, and my wife simply brought my passport with her into the interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

It is recommended to have pages notarized, it tells the VO that they are true and accurate copies.

However, it depends on where you live, some notaries will not do this.

In our case we did not, I was in Guangzhou, and my wife simply brought my passport with her into the interview.

i wont be able to be with my wife for her interview.but i think here in florida,they will notarize passport,when i was getting my wife's tax number,i had her passport notarized,so should be no problem getting it notarized.

jimi

i sent my wife photo copies of my passport(colored copies),all the pages,but my wife is saying,they should be notarized.Do the copies of the pasport need to be notorized,and if so,do all the pages(photocopies),need to be notarized?

jimi

Jimi, this is one of the questions I asked at ACH two and a half weeks ago. The VO's answer was that it is not required, but that it is recommended to notarize all documents like this, including the EOR letter. But since I was there, the VO said that the actual passport was even better. So I never made copies, just gave Jie my passport. She gave it to the VO along with hers and her sons.

Jeff

jimi

Jimi, this is one of the questions I asked at ACH two and a half weeks ago. The VO's answer was that it is not required, but that it is recommended to notarize all documents like this, including the EOR letter. But since I was there, the VO said that the actual passport was even better. So I never made copies, just gave Jie my passport. She gave it to the VO along with hers and her sons.

Jeff

well,i better get them notarized...better safe than sorry !!!!

can i get it notarized,then scan the copies,and email the documents

to my wife,and she can print them out.will this be good?

thanks

jimi

To: Heyjimi

If you use the copy of the notarized copy, then what good does it do? Just my opinion though. I think better if you notarize it and send it to your wife.

i think a copy of the notarized documents will work,it still has the notary seal and signature. ???????

If you use the copy of the notarized copy, then what good does it do? Just my opinion though. I think better if you notarize it and send it to your wife.

i think a copy of the notarized documents will work,it still has the notary seal and signature. ???????

Maybe, but if you send the original notarized copies of the passport, they seal will be a raised seal, then there is less chance of confusion.... I did this just yesterday.

Maybe, but if you send the original notarized copies of the passport, they seal will be a raised seal, then there is less chance of confusion.... I did this just yesterday.

The notary that I used to notarize all my documents didn't have a raised seal, only an ink stamp seal. I think GUZ would have less room to find some sort of fault if you sent the passpot copy with the original notary seal and sig. imo

Guest Mike and Lily

The VO asked for the notarized copy of my passport even though my wife had shown him the actual passport during the interview. Sometimes you never know.

Mike,

So did your wife have it at the time? I wonder what would happen if she don't have the notarized copy but have the actual.

Joe

She had the actual passport and the notarized copy. He still wanted to see the notarized copy after she had shown him the actual passport.