poe at sfo

hello to all. i just received some new info from my honey about her experience at sfo poe on august 13th when she arrived. my honey received another interview similiar to the one at guz. she was asked

5-10 questions about how we met, where did i live, our divorces, our kids, my job, etc. almost a full blown interview. i was just curious if his is normal procedure? did everyone else experience this?

hello to all. i just received some new info from my honey about her experience at sfo poe on august 13th when she arrived. my honey received another interview similiar to the one at guz. she was asked

5-10 questions about how we met, where did i live, our divorces, our kids, my job, etc. almost a full blown interview. i was just curious if his is normal procedure? did everyone else experience this?

You will talk with an individual immigrations officer, sometimes off in a separate room I think their primary function is to process your paperwork.

We came in through Newark (using Advanced Parole for entry). The IO told me to go ahead and get our luggage (we only had 30 mins. between flights). But when he got her in the room and found out he couldn't communicate with her, they came and got me again, asked me a couple of question (like are you related? why is she here?)

As long as the paperwork is in order and the dates still valid, I don't think they can deny entry, but they might flag a case for apparent fraud.

It happens - I sat in a room for 30 mins. answering questions once when I entered Canada (retaliation of what the American crossing guards were doing at the time). Just answer the questions matter-of-factly, and don't look like a terrorist.

Remember that a lot of our SO's won't know enough English to answer these questions - it's not necessary.

Yes, that is typical, they either ask a few questions at the counter, or can take a person aside and interview in a room.

In our case, I was traveling with my wife, so the officer asked us a few questions and explained the 90 day rule for marriage, asked me if I knew where our field office was, I told him Buffalo, all this was done at the counter.

This was Chicago O'hare international.

Actually Randy, the scary thing is that they can deny entry and send them right back home. It isn't likely, but it is definitely within their power.

Yes, but I think there are specific reasons that must apply, which can be easily avoided, as long as the paperwork is in order, no?

For example, making a terroristic threat.

Being able to speak English is obviously not a requirement.

Actually Randy, the scary thing is that they can deny entry and send them right back home. It isn't likely, but it is definitely within their power.

Yes, but I think there are specific reasons that must apply, which can be easily avoided, as long as the paperwork is in order, no?

For example, making a terroristic threat.

Being able to speak English is obviously not a requirement.

True, they have to have a good reason to overturn the consulate's decision to issue the Visa, but they can and do ask a few questions, and explain that a marriage needs to happen within the 90 days of the K-1 or they need to return home.

My fiance and i went through the ATL POE. We spent about 1 1/2 hours waiting in line just to see the 1st IO due to all the international flights. We spent about 30 minutes going through the "immigration" processing. The IO only asked us if we understood the 90 day criteria. So it helps to accompany your fiance/wife.

:)

Edited by avg99 (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

yes Jin did as well. :(

My fiance and i went through the ATL POE. We spent about 1 1/2 hours waiting in line just to see the 1st IO due to all the international flights. We spent about 30 minutes going through the "immigration" processing. The IO only asked us if we understood the 90 day criteria. So it helps to accompany your fiance/wife.

:(

It definitely helps her navigate the airport and immigrations, but I can't imagine that "wo bu ming bai" isn't a completely acceptable answer.