Is it true?

Amanda - get us some phone numbers, we'll try to verify.

1.. phone number of American Male Counterparts (AMPs)

2. phone number of IV unit in BeiJing ..

OK - time to stop being silly. (me)

The only thing that matters is to go where the P4 paperwork tells em to go. Find that out, and there's yer answer for 'true or not' .

It MIGHT be true if and only if These Women are only getting Tourist Visas. But if for K1/K3/Cr-1 ?? IF TRUE, something changed this week.

PS - did Richard Cook Tonight ??? I gots a new recipe for Turkey Wings.. ran em through my steamer.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

2 Chinese women posted on 001 that they were told from their American SO that interview will be in Beijing Ambassy? Is it true?

Amanda

It may be true that they were told that, but it's not true. (Does that make sense?). All family visas (including DCF's) interview in Guangzhou.

My information is really old, but me and my wife first interviewed in Beijing at the INS office which was in a separate building from the embassy. Both of us were interviewed and we showed pictures, etc. to the INS interviewing officer. My DCF petition was approved there and then the papers were forwarded to GZ where my wife had her visa interview which she passed almost a year later because we placed the interview on hold for several months. This occurred way back in 2000 so the procedure may have changed since then.

Gale

2 Chinese women posted on 001 that they were told from their American SO that interview will be in Beijing Ambassy? Is it true?

Amanda

My information is really old, but me and my wife first interviewed in Beijing at the INS office which was in a separate building from the embassy. Both of us were interviewed and we showed pictures, etc. to the INS interviewing officer. My DCF petition was approved there and then the papers were forwarded to GZ where my wife had her visa interview which she passed almost a year later because we placed the interview on hold for several months. This occurred way back in 2000 so the procedure may have changed since then.

Gale

Amanda

This is a USCIS interview for approval of the petition before it gets forwarded to GUZ. This happened recently to one of our members here in the US. It's still very rare.

Amanda -

If it was a recent post - ie - you told us here about it moments after these women made their post elsewhere -

I'd be interested to know about WHAT the other women said to them in the forum, and then what the general concensus was, and what the final outcome was.

If anything is verifiable, uh, I'd be interested in that as well.

Slan ! Slainte ! (even)