Chinese green card

I know this has probably been discussed ( beaten to death) before. I used the search function and couldnt pull up anything.

I am a US citizen married to a chinese national. Weve been married for 4 years already. Now I heard that at the 5th year. I will be able to apply for a chinese green card. Is this true? And in order to do this process. Will I have to give up my US citizen status? I appreciate any information you guys can provide. And better yet. Hope to hear someone that went through this experience.

:blink:

There's quite a discussion about it in the Middle Kingdom forum.

Thanks don. Saw what I was looking for.

I have a question though. The booklet said that one must not have a criminal record. Does that mean no felonies? I have a couple of misdemeanors on my record. But that was 13 years ago. And both have been dismissed. But it still shows on the record. Is this going tobe ok? Thanks

:unsure:

Edited by shangdong_man (see edit history)

Hello,

I have also been wondering about the Chinese green card. My fiancee and I were denied a finacee visa in July 2008 reason not a bona fide realtionship. In October I am going to China and we are going to be married. We are then going to submit the I-130 spousal petition and see if they approve or deny that as not a bona fide relation. We are not kids, she is 54 and I will turn 60 in September, so our thought is that if we are denied the spousal visa when I turn 65 I move to China. We also know very little about the process of my moving there. Would be greatful if you can tell us where to find out about it. We are not going to let this government (U.S.) keep us apart.

Thanks,

Gary

I know this has probably been discussed ( beaten to death) before. I used the search function and couldnt pull up anything.

I am a US citizen married to a chinese national. Weve been married for 4 years already. Now I heard that at the 5th year. I will be able to apply for a chinese green card. Is this true? And in order to do this process. Will I have to give up my US citizen status? I appreciate any information you guys can provide. And better yet. Hope to hear someone that went through this experience.

B)

Hello,

I have also been wondering about the Chinese green card. My fiancee and I were denied a finacee visa in July 2008 reason not a bona fide realtionship. In October I am going to China and we are going to be married. We are then going to submit the I-130 spousal petition and see if they approve or deny that as not a bona fide relation. We are not kids, she is 54 and I will turn 60 in September, so our thought is that if we are denied the spousal visa when I turn 65 I move to China. We also know very little about the process of my moving there. Would be greatful if you can tell us where to find out about it. We are not going to let this government (U.S.) keep us apart.

Thanks,

Gary

Again The Middle Kingdom forum is the place for this... :V: Perhaps a :lol: with moving powers :lol: could do this...I guess Don forgot... B)

Hey Shnadong man,

Where in Shandong are you. We just bought an apartment in Weihai and will retire in 2 + years there. As far as I know it takes 5 years with being in China 9 months consecutive each year. Not sure of the fees etc but good luck.

mark

Mark,

My family is from Maoping. Do you know where that is? Thanks for the information. Sounds like a big task to get one of those greencards

Hopefully when Im old and somewhat grey. I will take the time and sort this out :ok: