Zhonglish

w¨¯ .. i

k¨§ y¨«... can

xi¨§... write

y¨© di¨£n... a little

xi¨¤ng... like or for instance

:threeques:

Yes, got it, thanks Bill. Looks like you're copying and pasting text into this winwow that contains the tones. Many of them are showing up as "boxes" rather than characters.

some of them show as boxes?

thats interesting....

i have a program that i use to type pinyin

it runs along side of the IME

you type the word

and put the proper tone 1, 2, 3 or 4

xi¨¤ng zh¨¨ g¨¨

is everything coming out like boxes?

I can view the pinyin, with the tone marks, and the characters. I do not see any boxes. If I did not have my PC set up correctly, that is, without the Microsoft downloads already mentioned, I would see boxes, or other, unintelligible marks.

At the top of your page click on "view" and then, in the drop down box, click on "Character Encoding". If you don't see something or other Chinese, the PC probably cannot display the correct characters.

I can view the pinyin, with the tone marks, and the characters. I do not see any boxes. If I did not have my PC set up correctly, that is, without the Microsoft downloads already mentioned, I would see boxes, or other, unintelligible marks.

At the top of your page click on "view" and then, in the drop down box, click on "Character Encoding". If you don't see something or other Chinese, the PC probably cannot display the correct characters.

ahhh...yes the encoding you can just right click and be sure to select chinese simplified i think....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a great one, this is from the smoking room in the Beijing Airport LOL.

I did allot of looking on the internet for the best way to learn Mandarin or at least the best way for me. The best one I could find after trying there trail software was a little known course called Fluenz Mandarin.

It is a bit costly at $320+ USD from Amazon.com.

Couldn't find it on any bit torrent sites :lol: so with my up coming trip and my OCD desire to learn Mandarin I bought it. It will be here Wednesday, I really want the best ability to communicate with Ting and her family with out needing someone to translate. :D

http://candleforlove.com/forums/uploads/ga..._439_185207.jpg