Who is Mr. Yang?

orchids

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you talked to the Yangs about this? It almost seems you have a personal vendetta to discredit them.

yes we had a 4 hour discussion/argument with mrs. yang after our money was stolen. some of the things mrs. yang said were quite unbelievable. no, i don't have a vendetta against them as it was our fault for leaving the money in the room. however, i feel that members that have an interview coming up should be very careful should they decide to stay with the yang's. i just got a pm from another member with a bad experience and they are pondering if they will post about it or not.

Guest WenDylan

Have you talked to the Yangs about this? It almost seems you have a personal vendetta to discredit them.

yes we had a 4 hour discussion/argument with mrs. yang after our money was stolen. some of the things mrs. yang said were quite unbelievable. no, i don't have a vendetta against them as it was our fault for leaving the money in the room. however, i feel that members that have an interview coming up should be very careful should they decide to stay with the yang's. i just got a pm from another member with a bad experience and they are pondering if they will post about it or not.

Seems that any reasonable information is better to be shared than to be ignored because it goes against the old river's current. Just my humble opinion though.

Seems that any reasonable information is better to be shared than to be ignored because it goes against the old river's current. Just my humble opinion though.

I think everyone should post then we can make up our mind about what is really going on. I am debating to stay there or not. I have only been to GZ once and not sure what to expect. Either way thanks for everyone response.

Joe

I think everyone should post then we can make up our mind about what is really going on. I am debating to stay there or not. I have only been to GZ once and not sure what to expect. Either way thanks for everyone response.

Joe

Hi orchids,

Myself, Ling and the boys are staying at the Yangs from September 6 to the 10th....before going on to Nanning.

Ling wanted to stay in Gaungzhou longer than I because the boys have not seen Guangzhou.

So, when I get back to the US, I will post my own experience at the Yang's. And I have experienced almost all conditions you can image in China........ :thank_you_so_much: :eyebrow: :blink: :D

Tom and Ling

Personally I have no opinion one way or another. I have never stayed there and since my wife is with me here I have no reason to ever stay there. I am just surprised since by most accounts people rave about how nice and helpful the Yangs are.

Joe

Hi orchids,

Myself, Ling and the boys are staying at the Yangs from September 6 to the 10th....before going on to Nanning.

Ling wanted to stay in Gaungzhou longer than I because the boys have not seen Guangzhou.

So, when I get back to the US, I will post my own experience at the Yang's. And I have experienced almost all conditions you can image in China........ :mbounce: :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol:

Tom and Ling

Hello Tom,

Thank you very much that would be helpful. I think I might go there in November if I am lucky.

Joe

Here's how you can obtain good service from Mr. Yang if you think the service is not up to your expectation...this is from my personal experience in March of 2007 when we stayed at one of Mr. Yang's 2 bedroom apartment for 10 days...

1st meeting with Mr. Yang and wife

- "Hello Mr. Yang, I've heard great things about you and Mrs. Yang on CFL. It's good to know you'll take good care of us...We are looking forward to see the beautiful apartment..."

The washing machine wasn't working

- Called Mr. Yang..."Hey Mr. Yang, your new washing machine is not spinning and is about to flood the kitchen floor, you might want to come and take a look." Within 5 minutes Mr. Yang showed up with his tool bag!

Bathroom drainage clogged

- Called Mr. Yang..."Hey Mr. Yang, the bathroom drainage is all clogged up and is stinking the entire apartment, do you have another apartment we can move to?" Within 5 minutes Mr. Yang showed up with his tool bag!

Room cleaning service every morning

- "Hey Mr. Yang, what time does the room cleaning lady comes every day? Do you mind accompany her to the apartment the 1st time so we know who she is?"

Loaner Cell Phone

- "Hey Mr. Yang, I heard from CFL we could borrow a loaner cell phone for a norminal fee." We paid 25 yuan for using Mr. Yang's loaner cell phone for 10 days.

Visit Mr. Yang's office/apartment

- We took the time to visit Mr. Yang's office/apartment once a day - just to say Hi or chat for a few minutes. Mr. Yang would always ask if there's anything we need. We offered to take them out for lunch or dinner but they turned us down every time.

The bottom line is be nice, be gracious and be FIRM. Most of the time when you apply these "protocol" anywhere in China you'll get what you want.

Edited by Clement & Emily (see edit history)

Here's how you can obtain good service from Mr. Yang if you think the service is not up to your expectation...this is from my personal experience in March of 2007 when we stayed at one of Mr. Yang's 2 bedroom apartment for 10 days...

1st meeting with Mr. Yang and wife

- "Hello Mr. Yang, I've heard great things about you and Mrs. Yang on CFL. It's good to know you'll take good care of us...We are looking forward to see the beautiful apartment..."

The washing machine wasn't working

- Called Mr. Yang..."Hey Mr. Yang, your new washing machine is not spinning and is about to flood the kitchen floor, you might want to come and take a look." Within 5 minutes Mr. Wang showed up with his tool bag!.......Most Chinese that I know wash their clothes by hand.. so even a washing machine is a luxury .... :ph34r:

Bathroom drainage clogged

- Called Mr. Yang..."Hey Mr. Yang, the bathroom drainage is all clogged up and is stinking the entire apartment, do you have another apartment we can move to?" Within 5 minutes Mr. Yang showed up with his tool bag!..First night Ling and I stayed in a Hotel in Guangzhou near the US Embassy...The drain for the shower was in the middle of the bathroom...... :P

Room cleaning service every morning

- "Hey Mr. Yang, what time does the room cleaning lady comes every day? Do you mind accompany her to the apartment the 1st time so we know who she is?"....The hotel ,however , had room service.. :P

Loaner Cell Phone

- "Hey Mr. Yang, I heard from CFL we could borrow a loaner cell phone for a norminal fee." We paid 25 yuan for using Mr. Yang's loaner cell phone for 10 days.

Visit Mr. Yang's office/apartment

- We took the time to visit Mr. Yang's office/apartment once a day - just to say Hi or chat for a few minutes. Mr. Yang would always ask if there's anything we need. We offered to take them out for lunch or dinner but they turned us down every time.

The bottom line is be nice, be gracious and be FIRM. Most of the time when you apply these "protocol" anywhere in China you'll get what you want.

Clement & Emily,

You have this exactly right..... :lol:

Tom and Ling

Guest Rob & Jin

Good post Clement.

Also I would add that having stayed at many family family run ** or *** star hotels from HK to Li Jiang I cannot recall any that would change sheets and towels every day as a norm.

Our concentration in GZ was doing all we could to ensure a "easy medical to pink" and a having a good relationship with the Yangs was a good thing for us.

They offered Jin alot of support in her wait for the visa (10 days) after I had to return.

We stayed in a sub-let room, got mrs Yang to clean it, as Clement suggests stay friendly but firm, we had no problems, thought the room was fine for the purpose we were there for- Visa , and its a good price :yahoo:

If you feel confident to do it all alone from getting photos to the medical to obtaining "the cheapest" air tickets out (even possible overcome stuff )and you expect a****(*)hotel service but no visa related support then I suggest you stay at the Westen across the road.

Be smart and safe whenever you travel , never leave valuables in the open in your hotel room. In china you can buy "money panties" cant think of a safer place to keep your money, passport, etc.., can you :wacko:

Good post Clement.

Also I would add that having stayed at many family family run ** or *** star hotels from HK to Li Jiang I cannot recall any that would change sheets and towels every day as a norm.

Our concentration in GZ was doing all we could to ensure a "easy medical to pink" and a having a good relationship with the Yangs was a good thing for us.

They offered Jin alot of support in her wait for the visa (10 days) after I had to return.

We stayed in a sub-let room, got mrs Yang to clean it, as Clement suggests stay friendly but firm, we had no problems, thought the room was fine for the purpose we were there for- Visa , and its a good price B)

If you feel confident to do it all alone from getting photos to the medical to obtaining "the cheapest" air tickets out (even possible overcome stuff )and you expect a****(*)hotel service but no visa related support then I suggest you stay at the Westen across the road.

Be smart and safe whenever you travel , never leave valuables in the open in your hotel room. In china you can buy "money panties" cant think of a safer place to keep your money, passport, etc.., can you :rolleyes:

Hello Rob,

Thanks for all the comment. I would never keep passport / money out of my sight especially in a hotel. Usually I wear a pouch that is zip and hand around my neck inside my tuck shirt. It been ok so far. You can just never trust anyone these days. I will probably give them a try when it is my turn. Good luck to you all.

Joe

here is another post about their experience with the yangs.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=25415&hl=

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

i'm very happy that most people have been happy with their experience at the yangs. after reading all the positive posts this is the reason i decided to stay there. i guess i was expecting too much to want a clean, comfortable, well maintained room. i guess my standards are just too high. and as far as the 5000 yuan and sunglasses that mrs. yang alledgely stole from our room. she shouldn' be faulted for this because we were dumb enough to trust her after 8 days and many hours of conversations with her.