OT: Solo Driving

Well, yes... Yuhui went grocery shopping tonight BY CAR all by herself in Ft Lauderdale ! First solo car venture...with a whoping 15 hrs car driving experience under her belt

Boy, was I sweating this hour out at home..... :lol:

She came home.... I rushed to her ..I said.. honey, are you allright ?? ( I was talking to the car, not the wife ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, she did very well ( yes, Yuhui ;) )

Details at http://cnn.com/drivenuts/yuhui/nearmiss.html

Congratulations!  We are still in the learners permit stage.  I got to believe a husband's worst nightmare is trying to teach his wife to drive, even worse that teaching golf or bowling.

That's why I never tried ! She learned with a pro instructor ( all 8 hrs in all ! :lol: )

Well known fact that hubbies are the worst instructors....

Congrats on another milestone Eric and Yuhui. :lol: ;) :D

Li is still learning. Recently she drove for the first time on a country road (this after a number of trips around various parking lots). She did fine except when a cop was coming in the other direction. She became nervous and ran off the road. :lol: ;)

Now she is very afraid of driving. I must admit that I have been very patient in trying to teach her. Not one episode of yelling. :lol:

Eric, I'll bet you were really sweating out that hour at home. I have had the pleasure of driving in Ft. Lauderdale many times. Not a lot of fun I must say.

You live out in West Broward, right? :lol:

hey i have a question, is there driving schools or something for all this? And..what does it take, just the passport for a learner's permit? Han Lin wants to drive when she gets here, but she is horrible on the motorcycles in china, having crashed 3 in the last year, totalling them all. She just doesn't pay attention. Teaching her to drive would be a graying experience for me....

Let's see......when coming to a busy intersection, remember "SLOW, KNOW, SHOW, and GO" and remember that "FAMILIARITY" can be hazardous to your health(very important one), and when approaching a "YELLOW LIGHT", go like CRAZY!!!.....well,... forget that last one,,,,pleze!....lol. :P

Have Fun!

B)

hey i have a question, is there driving schools or something for all this?  And..what does it take, just the passport for a learner's permit?  Han Lin wants to drive when she gets here, but she is horrible on the motorcycles in china, having crashed 3 in the last year, totalling them all.  She just doesn't pay attention.  Teaching her to drive would be a graying experience for me....

In Alabama and Tennessee (we live right on the border), we needed passport, birth certificate, I-94, marriage certificate, and SSN. Perhaps all states are not this picky.

Massachusetts, requires four picture ID's just to take the learner's permit test.

I strongly suggest everyone just send their wife/fiance to a driving school.

This will save a lot of unecessary stress & anguish. The best money

we ever spent.

Good luck to everyone with their drivers license experiences.