Blue Slip

bug

I'm glad I find this forum. Could any one give me some advice? My fiancee went to Guangzhou consulate on 8/14. The VO just asked a couple of questions (e.g. how and when we met). He even forgot to ask for the I-134. Then he asked for the emails (which we didn't prepare) and photos. My fiancee gave him about 5 photos which were taken last year and this May (I had two trips to China), the VO thought they're not enough or just ignored them, but he took in the photos. The whole interview took just a few minutes and the VO gave my fiancee the blue slip with 221(g) requesting:

1. Emails and other evidence of correspondence

2. Photos of Pet + PA overtime (We don't know what Pet + PA is. Fortunately the VO also wrote in Chinese that he wants photos of me and my fiancee together.)

Anyway, my fiancee sent out the following items via EMS last week.

1) 3 letters that I wrote to my fiancee in the past year (we mainly use email / phone)

2) About 26 Copies of emails from Apr 2007 to present.

3) 14 Photos taken in last year and this year.

She also sent other additional materials, such as copies of my air flight boarding passes, my visas to China, and 27 pages of phone records.

Now I am worried that the consulate will still deny our case because I don't know how many emails/letter/photo are enough for the VO to approve. Though I met my fiancee twice, but we didn't take many photos. 14 photos are all we took.

Do you think I worried too much? Are the addtional materials going to help? At this point, do I need to get help from a lawyer? Thanks.

FWIW -

Pet = Petitioner, in this case - YOU

PA = Primary Applicant, in this case - HER.

I think the phone records will make up for the 14 photos - but at this stage, it's all just a 'second guess' . The pile o stuff she submitted should be adequate...

I don't think you'll need a lawyer UNLESS you get another blue slip.

Was it a call-in interview listed in the blue slip?

Welcome to CFL !!

Warmest Regards ..

FWIW -

Pet = Petitioner, in this case - YOU

PA = Primary Applicant, in this case - HER.

I think the phone records will make up for the 14 photos - but at this stage, it's all just a 'second guess' . The pile o stuff she submitted should be adequate...

I don't think you'll need a lawyer UNLESS you get another blue slip.

Was it a call-in interview listed in the blue slip?

Welcome to CFL !!

Warmest Regards ..

What is call-in interview?

Hopefully what she sent will cover the bases. I say "hopefully" because one rule you'll see here over and over is "don't give them anything they don't ask for." Let's hope the boarding passes she sent won't prompt them to ask for evidence of who paid for the tickets. Probably nothing to worry about but be prepared just in case.

Good luck. :(

I'm glad I find this forum. Could any one give me some advice? My fiancee went to Guangzhou consulate on 8/14. The VO just asked a couple of questions (e.g. how and when we met). He even forgot to ask for the I-134. Then he asked for the emails (which we didn't prepare) and photos. My fiancee gave him about 5 photos which were taken last year and this May (I had two trips to China), the VO thought they're not enough or just ignored them, but he took in the photos. The whole interview took just a few minutes and the VO gave my fiancee the blue slip with 221(g) requesting:

1. Emails and other evidence of correspondence

2. Photos of Pet + PA overtime (We don't know what Pet + PA is. Fortunately the VO also wrote in Chinese that he wants photos of me and my fiancee together.)

Anyway, my fiancee sent out the following items via EMS last week.

1) 3 letters that I wrote to my fiancee in the past year (we mainly use email / phone)

2) About 26 Copies of emails from Apr 2007 to present.

3) 14 Photos taken in last year and this year.

She also sent other additional materials, such as copies of my air flight boarding passes, my visas to China, and 27 pages of phone records.

Now I am worried that the consulate will still deny our case because I don't know how many emails/letter/photo are enough for the VO to approve. Though I met my fiancee twice, but we didn't take many photos. 14 photos are all we took.

Do you think I worried too much? Are the addtional materials going to help? At this point, do I need to get help from a lawyer? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply and support. Does any one know (or can estimate) how long it may take for the VO to make a decision? Is this an easy overcome?

Well, remember there is a human element involved here. I had pictures of my fiancee with me and also one of myself and her family eating dinner at a restaurant. There was obviously some doubt by the interviewer or he/she may have just had a bad day. But it sounds like you did the right thing here.

Of course you are worried. We put our fate in the hands of "clerks" , most of whom are poorly trained.

You should have checked here earlier in your voyage. You can never take too many pictures of the 2 of you together and be a sure and put the date and place the pics were taken. Good luck. I think you'll be fine but it of course causes you more angst and a longer delay.