Does anyone have any idea how to (preferably for free) send an SMS message to a china telecom phone? I'd like to be able to send a message to my lao pa, but I am not sure how. Her number starts with 135, which I think is China telecom. I tried using ICQ, but that didn't work.. if I knew of a server and a basic protocol spec I could whip something up, but I haven't been able to find anything on that. Any ideas?

My phone is verizon, but is pretty old, so it doesn't support SMS. She is able to send me messages through an e-mail accound that forwards the message to my phone (www.vtext.com)..

I don't think there is a way to do this. My daughter has a new cell phone that I got her for her birthday with all the bells and whistles but is still unable to send me SMS here in China. I looked into this before when I was still in the states and didn't find any info on it. Most folks here have their service through China Telecom, I believe, and they don't have anything in place yet to allow others not on their service to send SMS :)

-Tim