"This Could Explode Somewhere..."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

AGREE!

China is a developing country, Even super developed country like America has poor people.So...

my parents works in small countryside town, I am raised in a poor where the family monthly income is 700 RMB when i was in primary school :P We were very happy, I was satified and excited to get 0.5 kuai to buy ice-cream, honestly happy and satisfied, and I experienced my parent's salary increased from 100/month when I was born to some thousands per month now and still increasing. Isn't that inprovement? :roller:

It's great to have your voice here Wendy as a woman who is from the country. If you don't already know you will discover that the great majority of our wives are urban women...

And I'm pleased as punch that your family is doing well in their small town... :wacko: But there were 50,000 protests in China last year, most of them in rural areas over the issues of concern...Let me give a couple of examples. Suppose that your families' land, and many others, are needed for a new GOLF COURSE... :ph34r: :roller: Your family gets not nearly enough compensation for their property that was their livelihood but the local party officials all have new Mercedes... :bangin: Or imagine that your family grows rubber trees in southern Yunnan province and now all growers MUST sell to a government controlled entity at far lower prices than could be gotten on the open market...but the local party officials all build new villas... :D

This is one reason I kept my mouth shut. I cann't represent all Chinese. But why can you (not you personally, power of English word :blink: ) make so much remarks about China? :rolleyes:

So very true Joanne. During the course of this thread and others, no-one has ever denied that abuses, unfair treatment, and corruption exist in China. Yet, Roger is completely obsessed with it and on a mission to correct it. He would be better of minding the words: "Physician, heal yourself."

So very true Joanne. During the course of this thread and others, no-one has ever denied that abuses, unfair treatment, and corruption exist in China. Yet, Roger is completely obsessed with it and on a mission to correct it. He would be better of minding the words: "Physician, heal yourself."

Even physicians discuss diseases that they may not actually have experienced themselves.

Some of them are not correctable, except through time. An awareness is usually crucial to the treatment.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Even physicians discuss diseases that they may not actually have experienced themselves.

Some of them are not correctable, except through time. An awareness is usually crucial to the treatment.

Fair enough. You guys might consider renaming this forum to the:

"Pessimists Guide to China" or "Obsessed with the bad, and out with the good"

The second instance is a little wordy though....

Fair enough. You guys might consider renaming this forum to the:

"Pessimists Guide to China" or "Obsessed with the bad, and out with the good"

The second instance is a little wordy though....

You're turning into a sniper, guy! :ph34r:

But doesn't "This Could Explode Somewhere . . ." already have negative connotations?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

You're turning into a sniper, guy! :lol:

But doesn't "This Could Explode Somewhere . . ." already have negative connotations?

Sniper guy? Holy crap Randy, you guys have been sniping at China for months. The true sniping begins when someone shows up that disagrees with anything Roger posts in this forum. I honestly fail to understand why anyone that feels China is such an oppressive place, with a population ready to explode would even consider marrying someone that was born and lived there. My wife, her family, my co-workers, and nearly everyone I meet love China. They also appreciate many of the things America has to offer, but at the same time take deep offense from pushy Westerners.

Maybe some of you feel like you rescued your partner from China, and it grates against your core to hear from those that truly do love China, yes, love China even despite the areas that need improvement. Are you on a mission to rescue the people of China, and to point out to all Candle members that there are problems there? Holy crap again. Anyone that has visited China, be it one day, week, or whatever can see that it's not like the US.

I recall one of Joanne's posts in this thread or another that got buried in sniping-like responses. She mentioned that if one has a child with an unattractive birth-mark, that the family isn't going to expend it's energy drawing attention to it.

In a world where it's so easy to find articles and information about the bad of China, you'd think at least you guys with Chinese wives, whether happy or unhappy would spend a little more time looking for the good side. Many members here know exactly what I mean, but the few of you out there will simply continue with your over-worked and boring crap.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

You're turning into a sniper, guy! :lol:

Sniper guy? Holy crap Randy, you guys have been sniping at China for months. The true sniping begins when someone shows up that disagrees with anything Roger posts in this forum. I honestly fail to understand why anyone that feels China is such an oppressive place, with a population ready to explode would even consider marrying someone that was born and lived there. My wife, her family, my co-workers, and nearly everyone I meet love China. They also appreciate many of the things America has to offer, but at the same time take deep offense from pushy Westerners.

Maybe some of you feel like you rescued your partner from China, and it grates against your core to hear from those that truly do love China, yes, love China even despite the areas that need improvement. Are you on a mission to rescue the people of China, and to point out to all Candle members that there are problems there? Holy crap again. Anyone that has visited China, be it one day, week, or whatever can see that it's not like the US.

I recall one of Joanne's posts in this thread or another that got buried in sniping-like responses. She mentioned that if one has a child with an unattractive birth-mark, that the family isn't going to expend it's energy drawing attention to it.

In a world where it's so easy to find articles and information about the bad of China, you'd think at least you guys with Chinese wives, whether happy or unhappy would spend a little more time looking for the good side. Many members here know exactly what I mean, but the few of you out there will simply continue with your over-worked and boring crap.

So it seems to me that you can

A) complain about over-worked and boring crap

B ) snipe at people who post in those threads

C ) start your own "for bored and boring and negative people thread" and just let every who posts there know how you feel about them

- or -

D ) Start your own under-worked and exciting crap thread

Personally I think Roger shows his love for China and his Chinese better half by making the posts he does. Pretty much nobody else is doing it. If he hated China he wouldn't even be here making these kinds of posts. If you can point out the problems and injustices, and still carry love and hope for a place... it seems more of a true love to me (much like 2 people in a relationship knowing each other's faults and shortcomings and still loving each other) while blind sinophilia which motivates one to attempt to shoot down, dodge, belittle, or deny any negative comments about China whatsoever seems less genuine love and more like obsession (to continue the relationship comparison, much like someone who puts their lover on a pedestal and pretends they are flawless because they either feel unworthy themselves, or are incapable of loving a flawed human being and need an illusion of perfection).

I think in an imperfect world that pretty much goes for any form of love, except (if you are religious) the love of god - but that is a different discussion entirely.

Without Roger's kind of posts showing up and sparking discussion over some of China's warts, this section would have a lot less meaning and substance I think.

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

Personally I think Roger shows his love for China and his Chinese better half by making the posts he does. Pretty much nobody else is doing it. If he hated China he wouldn't even be here making these kinds of posts. If you can point out the problems and injustices, and still carry love and hope for a place... it seems more of a true love to me (much like 2 people in a relationship knowing each other's faults and shortcomings and still loving each other) while blind sinophilia which motivates one to attempt to shoot down, dodge, belittle, or deny any negative comments about China whatsoever seems less genuine love and more like obsession (to continue the relationship comparison, much like someone who puts their lover on a pedestal and pretends they are flawless because they either feel unworthy themselves, or are incapable of loving a flawed human being and need an illusion of perfection).

I think in an imperfect world that pretty much goes for any form of love, except (if you are religious) the love of god - but that is a different discussion entirely.

Without Roger's kind of posts showing up and sparking discussion over some of China's warts, this section would have a lot less meaning and substance I think.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

:signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

;) :P ;)

Here here! :D