pinyin software

One reason I'm not trying to learn Chinese is that my wife's accent is different from what's on the CD's.

I am studying mandarin and pinyin is very helpful for me to relate what I am learning in Mandarin to what I know in English, I use a language software called fluenz which uses pinyin as one of the key learning tools, IMO it is much easier and efficent way of learning Mandarin than audio lessons alone, plus the pinyin helps with understanding the tone marks and pronunciation. :lol:

Yeah, but when she makes fun of me for saying "ren", instead of "yen" (for people), that's when I hang it up! Time for her to learn English! :unsure: :rolleyes:

I know how you feel, but without getting into some "rant" about the importance of communication, I am willing to say this, I will meet my Fiancee half way, in the language department, it just seems like the right thing to do. :D

(plus, I need to be able to communicate with my in-laws, freely) :o

Edited by H.Woodside (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel, but without getting into some "rant" about the importance of communication, I am willing to say this, I will meet my Fiancee half way, in the language department, it just seems like the right thing to do. :rolleyes:

(plus, I need to be able to communicate with my in-laws, freely) :unsure:

I'm out of here - we're not communicating.

pinyin software

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I know how you feel, but without getting into some "rant" about the importance of communication, I am willing to say this, I will meet my Fiancee half way, in the language department, it just seems like the right thing to do. :unsure:

(plus, I need to be able to communicate with my in-laws, freely) :D

I'm out of here - we're not communicating.

pinyin software

Sorry, I see your point, I see that my post is :rolleyes:

My apologies. :lol: