Stupidity in Spain

I was watching some of the swimming competition where the French team was quoted as saying they would "smash the Americans, that's why we came here". I was tickled shitless when we beat them and won the gold. Spain won't have a chance against the redeem team.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

I was watching some of the swimming competition where the French team was quoted as saying they would smash the Americans, that's why we came here. I was tickled shitless when we beat them and won the gold. Spain won't have a chance against the redeem team.

I'm waiting for that! Did you notice all the booing from the crowd during the Preliminary B games? Especially during the free throws...

I was watching some of the swimming competition where the French team was quoted as saying they would smash the Americans, that's why we came here. I was tickled shitless when we beat them and won the gold. Spain won't have a chance against the redeem team.

I'm waiting for that! Did you notice all the booing from the crowd during the Preliminary B games? Especially during the free throws...

I'm pretty sure that wasn't booing. Wouldn't be like the Chinese to do that. I think it was some sort of cheer or chant. They were cheering pretty much everything else both teams did.

Guest WenDylan

I'm pretty sure that wasn't booing. Wouldn't be like the Chinese to do that. I think it was some sort of cheer or chant. They were cheering pretty much everything else both teams did.

Fair game. :lol:

Moron (psychology), a psychology-related term for a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12

And remember, someone on that team thought this was a good idea, hence the name moron.

Richard

8 and 12 seems about right, I would wager that it was whatever ad-people they have, thought that a wise thing to do ;)

I wouldn't hire them again :rolleyes:

The picture says:

Hey look we are in China!

That"s all - No need to be shocked.

It"s like wearing a cowboy hat in USA or a sombrero in Mexico.

That is not considered racist in Spain. They make fun of everybody, including themselves.

It is ridiculous for foreigners (Americans and Brits can find insult in everything) to project their own paranoid standards of what is acceptable onto others. Even though it was reported by the British papers, only a minority of Brits, most of whom work in the media would be insulted by that.

Considering my own bonehead sense of humor, which I have been disciplined about lately in the name of all mothers :D and sisters :D , I would have to go along with these folks opinion. :P ...though I would not have done it ever due to my love and respect for Chinese!!!

Its a bunch of guys getting together. We all act... well some of us do...12 years old sometimes :D

I guess most of us are direct like wearing a Redskins get-up to a Cowboy game in Dallas. Almost a fight.

I have no idea what they were thinking, or what the Chinese think. But then I havent searched either. I bet I get told in this thread soon enough though.

lol I mean it's not like they burned Mao in effigy or were throwing flaming darts at the Chinese flag or anything... it was childish, but not hateful I think. But to defend it like "how dare you be shocked, only an American or Brit would take it that way." and "They meant no harm" is completely numbskulled. I didn't mean harm when I did that gesture as a 8 year old kid either... but I was an 8 year old kid... these are adult athletes being invited to another country. "Cowboy hats" and "Sombreros" are clothing actually traditionally (and sometimes still) worn in America and Mexico. Nobody would have had a negative reaction if they were wearing a Chinese HAT. They were mocking a physical ethnic feature in a school-yard manner. I guess they think it would be acceptable to paint themselves up in blackface if they went to Africa? Spain... ha-ha.

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

lol I mean it's not like they burned Mao in effigy or were throwing flaming darts at the Chinese flag or anything... it was childish, but not hateful I think. But to defend it like "how dare you be shocked, only an American or Brit would take it that way." and "They meant no harm" is completely numbskulled. I didn't mean harm when I did that gesture as a 8 year old kid either... but I was an 8 year old kid... these are adult athletes being invited to another country. "Cowboy hats" and "Sombreros" are clothing actually traditionally (and sometimes still) worn in America and Mexico. Nobody would have had a negative reaction if they were wearing a Chinese HAT. They were mocking a physical ethnic feature in a school-yard manner. I guess they think it would be acceptable to paint themselves up in blackface if they went to Africa? Spain... ha-ha.

Ditto