Mr. Yang and Wife, the dynamic duo

I am sorry that it happened. I guess that's why I don't really trust anyone, as much as I wish I could. My job just leaves me very aware of what real people will do, if the chance to get away with something takes shape, and with the more skill they have, and years of training, it just makes it easier and easier for them. (Criminals in general I mean.)

This I don't really trust anyone?? Is well said warning me

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob & Jin

sorry you had a bad experience at the yangs, you seem to be only the second or third not happy there , many before, maybe 50+ have had good experiences and no troubles.

We thought they were frigging awesome, they really looked after Jin well after I had to leave, treated her like family.

Good to them= good to us maybe, chinese thing, go there with a usa attitude or idea of a western hotel maybe not the best start.

I have seen this in Europe, Asia, Africa etc... etc...be up front, smart, and non challenging (just be smart) and no worries, be a crazy tourist or smart ass western dude then can cause troubles, its china not DC.

The Yangs run a business, they are normal folks, good simple people, offer a darn good service in our opinion.

We recommend them to anyone, they are good

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

sorry you had a bad experience at the yangs, you seem to be only the second or third not happy there , many before, maybe 50+ have had good experiences and no troubles.

We thought they were frigging awesome, they really looked after Jin well after I had to leave, treated her like family.

Good to them= good to us maybe, chinese thing, go there with a usa attitude or idea of a western hotel maybe not the best start.

I have seen this in Europe, Asia, Africa etc... etc...be up front, smart, and non challenging (just be smart) and no worries, be a crazy tourist or smart ass western dude then can cause troubles, its china not DC.

The Yangs run a business, they are normal folks, good simple people, offer a darn good service in our opinion.

thx. for the input rob. yes, i read all the great posts about the yangs and this is why i chose to stay with them. i agree with you that they are very helpful and will do extra things at little or no extra cost. i will also say that in china the service that is given at almost any business is superior to what we receive here in the states. i realize that you and many others have had a good experience staying at the yangs. i am happy for you and the others. i also know that many people have had bad experience with the yangs that either don't post on candle or they don't wish to go against the majority and post about their bad experiences. i guess i am a little different coz i always tell it like it is even if it means a little controversy and jumping off the bandwagon.

One thing is dirtyness but why would police be checking the rooms?? This hotel really scares me.

Here is my input..

1)Living Conditions...

Yes the rooms are dirty. Well the one I stayed in was. It had cob webs all the place, seems like someone had not lived there in awhile. The air conditioner didn't really work either. It turned off randomly. As you can imagine, it was hard sleeping at night because it was hot and I had to constantly turn the air conditioner back on.

The kitchen looked kind of dirty also. It was like a storage room. It had few extra bed matresses laying there, and some other things. I checked one of the kitchen cabinet doors and as I opened it the whole door just popped out. The hinges weren't even connected. The same about the bedroom closet. Couldn't really use the bedroom closet because there's a bunch of other things stuffed in there.

I saw another room which was much nicer compared to what I lived in. But even the person there complained it wasn't good. But to me it was much nicer than the room they gave us. Clean looking, spacious, and the air conditioner worked.

2) Helpfulness of the Yangs..

To be honest, I didn't really talk to them at all. So I didn't ask for help for anything because my fiance and I knew what to do.

When we first met Mr. Yang after getting of the bus, my first impression was that he didn't seem so nice. He had a stern look on his face. No smile or anything. But he offered to help drag the lugguage. He took us to his office, and I saw a few others there on his computer. He told my fiance they were also members of CFL. Then he took us to our room, and quickly took off.

On the day of the interview, we were going to check out of the room. Also the security guard told us we had better leave because police were going around checking the rooms. Of course Mrs. Yang calls us to tell us not to open the door and shut off the TV because police maybe checking. Anyway, on that day we were not in the room at all, we were at the interview for half the day. So when we decided to leave after the interview, Mrs. Yang decided to charge us for half day usage. She also told us that our room actually cost 280 RMB/night, when we were quoted 220RMB. Huh..are you kidding me? Did she expect us to drag our lugguage around in the US consulate? Besides that, it was raining cats and dogs that whole day! We ended up paying her anyway to avoid arguing, but I don't think thats quite fair. At least in a real hotel you could check out and ask to leave your lugguage safely with the concierge.

You have to remember this is a business they are running. They are here to make money. They even charge you $1 RMB per paper for using their printer. The part of their business is that they know the procedure and can assist you, otherwise i'm sure you wouldnt have called them. If you don't mind sub standard room conditions and are trying to save money then you could try to stay there. Otherwise, i suggest a nice hotel.

we stayed at the yangs for 9 days and found them very nice and helpful. we mingled with some other guests and personally looked at 6 different rooms. all the rooms are very dirty and substandard. we made reservations 1 month in advance yet had to wait 1 hour for our room to be prepared coz other guests had to be moved out of our room. we had no towels the 1st nite there and or bed linens were not changed during our 9 day stay there. the yangs are very nice and helpful people during the interview process therefore most people don't post all the facts about the yangs. after i read all the wonderful posts about the yangs i was extremely disappointed with the rooms.

Right on Dale, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Don't let anyone tell you different! I think that " THE yANG's " are talked about so much. I think I've seen a million posts of them saying how great they are.

Well, Nothing is perfect in this life!! And nice is no substitute for "GOOD SERVICE!"

thx. for the input rob. yes, i read all the great posts about the yangs and this is why i chose to stay with them. i agree with you that they are very helpful and will do extra things at little or no extra cost. i will also say that in china the service that is given at almost any business is superior to what we receive here in the states. i realize that you and many others have had a good experience staying at the yangs. i am happy for you and the others. i also know that many people have had bad experience with the yangs that either don't post on candle or they don't wish to go against the majority and post about their bad experiences. i guess i am a little different coz i always tell it like it is even if it means a little controversy and jumping off the bandwagon.

Right on Dale, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Don't let anyone tell you different! I think that " THE yANG's " are talked about so much. I think I've seen a million posts of them saying how great they are.

Well, Nothing is perfect in this life!! And nice is no substitute for "GOOD SERVICE!"

thx. for the support spacebar. i started not to post about my experience at the yangs coz they are so well liked at cfl, but i thought it was important for people yet to go thru the interview process to have some accurate info about the yangs.