about pregnancy's free insurance?

Hello,everyone,my husband and I just came back from china not long ago,and we both don't have job yet,but we just found out I am pregnant,he suggestes I apply for free insurance under our circumstance,but I heard there's something about if you accept government charity or something,which will affect your naturalization or inviting your family to here later,I don't know is that ture? and I hope to hear from you guys!

thank you very much!

As of my reply your post has been read 26 times with no replies. Too bad.

What, exactly, did your husband recommend and, more importantly, how is he helping you to apply?

Some states, Calif. for example, used to have a program for unwed (not married) mothers. You probably don't qualify for that.

As for Federal and other State or County programs, I have no idea.

Contact any family planning clinic (preferably one catering to people in your circumstances- and by that I mean pregnant non-residents), the local welfare office and the local County Health Department in your area.

Will applying for aid affect your case? Who knows, probably. That is exactly what the Affidavits of Support are for. I don't know any information about your specific case status, nor did you provide any. Good luck.

I must have missed this post. It sounds like your husband wants you to apply for welfare benefits because you are pregnant and both unemployed. I assume there must be a co-sponsor since you both just came back. Your husband and co-sponsor would have also been required to fill out an I-864 affidavit of support. The I-864 is a binding agreement that you won't become a burden on the state. In short it means that if you collect public benefits the government can force your husband and or co-sponsor to repay any money or costs for help provided.